Chapter 7: Say Cheese

I feel like such an idiot. I should have known. A man that attractive must have lived his whole life getting exactly what he wants, getting whatever woman he wants. Well I’m not going to be another notch on his post. I mentally situate myself, and get out of the car. 

“Ready Ms. Andrews?” James asked. Acting like what he said never even happened. 

“Yes.” I replied. We both walked toward the entrance of the house. I have to admit, this place was beautiful. It needed constant maintenance with all of the rose gardens, abstract bushes, and architecture, but none the less, it was a stunning venue. 

As we enter the home I was nearly breathless. It had a Greek style with beautiful columns, elaborate marble, and stunning ceiling paintings accented with shimmering chandeliers. My neck hurt from staring up everywhere we went, almost forgetting to notice the original statues scattered throughout the area. This house must have cost nearly 200,000 dollars per room. 

We make our way into a dining area, which contained a huge elongated table that could easily sit 30 people. There were a few businessmen at one end of the table who stood up when they saw us enter. 

“James, it’s good to see you. I have a lot to discuss.” This man was older, about in his 70’s. I assumed he was the owner. His colleague looked over at me confused. “Oh, excuse me, this is my new assistant Carmen Andrews.” James explained. “She will be accompanying me on my real estate ventures.” The older man and I exchanged a shake. “Good to meet you Ms. Andrews.” 

I smiled politely “Likewise, and feel free to call me Carmen” I added sweetly. 

“Well if you would excuse us Carmen, we have some business to attend to. Make yourself comfortable in the meantime and feel free to look around.” 

I smiled as the business men and James made their way to another room, leaving me to roam around this beautiful mansion. Although the car ride sucked, seeing this place made it worth it. I hope all of James’ real estate deals were this beautiful. I walked around each room, taking in the detail that was put into everything. 

After what felt like 20 minutes or so, I found myself walking outside in the rose gardens. I was enjoying the scenery when I heard a soft click of a camera go off, and it was James with a Nikon in his hands.