thirty five.

⚠ warning: contains blood/gore/torture 

Taehyung's head spun as he came to, his eyes blinking open and lips parting, tasting the bitterness in his mouth. A coppery metal coated his tongue and his lips were chapped and bleeding. He suddenly felt his throat close, and a fit of coughs pummeled him in his bones. 

His lungs fought to fill up, his throat burning as he gasped the dank, impure air. His paralysis wore off, a deep pain settling into every atom of his being. He groaned as another wave of nausea racked his frail frame. He tried to raise his sore hand to his head, to get it to stop spinning, but it stayed where it was, stuck to the armrest of the chair he was in.

Wait, chair?

Taehyung looked down at the grimy ropes tying him to the rickety wooden chair in the middle of a dark room, the light squeezed out of every corner, leaving only the stark light above him, shining its musty light into his eyes when he looked up. 

A voice sounded out somewhere far away, high pitched and feminine. Taehyung looked around him frantically, looking for anything to get him out of his binds. Suddenly the door to the room swung open, the knob hitting the wall behind it. 

It closed quickly, shutting out the fleeting light that filtered in from behind the silhouettes now standing in the door threshold. Despite his burning throat, he called out, voice rough and barely audible. 

"Who are you?! Why did you bring me here?" Silence followed his voice, before a laugh rung out through the room.

"Don't act like we're strangers, sweetie. I know you very, very well..." Taehyung's breath caught. 

He could recognize that voice anywhere. 

"M-Miyeon? B-but—"

"Shh, you are better off not annoying me with your questions, slut. Or else..." Taehyung frowned, anger tainting his features. 

"Or else what? You can't do anything to me, you psycho!" Miyeon raised a single, threaded eyebrow, impressed at the boy's nerve. She flicked her dainty wrist forward, and a bulky man stepped out from the darkness behind her, his form previously invisible to Taehyung's eyes. 

The man approached Taehyung and knelt down, while the latter watched his movements with as much fake bravery as he could muster. But that courage turned to utter terror when the man in front of him brought out a pocket knife, the dull blade gleaming menacingly in the stark light. 

Taehyung gasped and looked up at Miyeon, pleading with his eyes. 

"N-no, please. Don't hurt me. I-I won't d-do it again..." Taehyung's eyes stung, glaring at the unforgiving look in Miyeon's orbs, staring at his pitiful state with a smile. 

But then suddenly, Miyeon's eyes lit up, and when she spoke she sounded like an innocent schoolgirl. 

"Oh, I just remembered!" she tapped the man on the shoulder twice, making him retreat his hand. "I need you for something else first..."

Taehyung let go of the breath he had been holding, watching Miyeon excitedly dialing a number on a tiny burner phone before holding it up to her ear. After a few rings, whoever was on the other side picked up. 

"Babe!" Miyeon squealed, seemingly forgotten that she was holding a boy captive. 

Taehyung snapped his head up. 

Jeongguk?

He took a breath, trying to call out to his lover, so he could hear him from the other side. But before the words could leave his lips, the large man clamped his gloved hand over his mouth, preventing him from shouting. Taehyung tried to bite his hand, but the cloth was thick and he could only let small whimpers and cries leave his muffled mouth. 

"Now does this ring a bell...?"

Miyeon turned to the two, nodding her head at the man. The man removed his hand and swiftly knelt again before he traced a line of burning embers along Taehyung's left leg, from the knee to the calf. 

The searing pain burned through his leg, making him scream the loudest he had in his life. The fire lit up every cell, pulsing blood through his wounded skin. Another scream responded to his, but he didn't pay attention to it. Tears flowed down his pain-stricken face, and he squeezed his eyes tight, bearing the mortifying pain that seared through his limb. 

The man stepped back, the bloody knife still in his glove. Miyeon said something into the phone, before hanging up, tossing the phone to the ground right after, and stepping on it with her heeled shoe. 

She bent down to Taehyung's height, looking into his tortured eyes with an air of smugness, like hearing his scream settled a long-standing fight inside of her. 

And why not? She had been wanting to make this boy suffer from the night she discovered them. 

"Now if you had listened to me like Yugy, then you wouldn't have to be here, now would you?" Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut, taking shallow breaths, straining his ears to hear above his pounding heart. 

"Y-ug-y...?" 

Miyeon smirked and leaned back, looking down at Taehyung's quivering frame. 

"Oh dear, I may have spoiled too much... Well it's alright, you'll have that answer sooner or later..."

A sharp pain stung on the side of his neck, and the familiar darkness wrapped its arms around him, pulling him into black once again.

------------------

:(

well y'all im crying

but hope yall are ok and safe and happy

luv youuuu <3

- cks