thirty eight.

this might be a bit confusing. there's like a bunch of flashbacks and the message might not come across as clear as i intended. my bad. its supposed to mimic jeongguk's state of mind, which is obviously kinda disheveled. but if you have any questions feel free to comment. i'll be here to answer them. enjoy <3  

Jeongguk's heart stopped in his chest as the metal glint of the gun shone over the grass. 

He saw a figure kneeling with his head bent low. 

He saw the weariness in his frame, dark streaks littering the thin cloth covering his delicate body.

His scream echoed through the open space, his terror making it raw and grinding. 

He screamed for his lover.

Taehyung's father smirked at the desperation in his voice, raising the gun to play with the trigger. 

"Let him go, or we will shoot!" Seojoon was pointing his gun at Mr. Kim, the three officers behind him following suit. 

Mr. Kim paused, lowering his chin and looking at Seojoon directly. 

"I'll shoot him first! This little shit deserves to die."

Jeongguk clenched his jaw, digging his nails into his palms, leaving deep crescents in his skin. Someone's hand landed on his shoulder, a soft whisper in his ear. 

"Don't, you'll put him in more danger..."

Seojoon called out again, frame tense and stiff. "We won't hesitate to shoot, surrender now!"

Mr. Kim chuckled and shook his head.

"Get me the money"

Jeongguk felt like his world was spinning. There were way too many words to keep track of. Too much pain, too much sorrow. He couldn't take it.

No more...

No more.

Mr. Kim pointed the gun at Taehyung's head again, and then Jeongguk was a few paces ahead of where he was a second ago, holding a gun aimed at the pair. 

His vision blurred from how fast his mind was going, or from the tears streaming down his cheeks. His throat felt skinned and excoriated, but he pushed out another shout.

"LET HIM GO!!!"

Someone screamed from behind him. "Jeongguk, don't! ....hit....him...!"

Mr. Kim mouthed another phrase, but the sound didn't reach Jeongguk's ears. 

Rage flooded his mind, aimed at the ones who took his light, his happiness away from him. 

It spread like a black mist, blotting out his senses and pulsing through the veins in his arms. 

Then suddenly, he felt warmth on his cheek, a soothing touch. 

- - -