thirty seven.

The sirens and headlights of cars shone into Taehyung's eyes as he was brought out of the darkness of the basement. His head was bent over, defeated. A dirty plaster was stuck onto his calf, a thin white blouse draped over his quivering frame. 

Mr. Kim was oblivious to the helpless condition of his son, his unwavering hand holding the gun's nozzle hard against Taehyung's head.

Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut, tears falling from behind his ragged silver hair. The metal of the gun aggravated the pain stabbing into his head, his legs folded uncomfortably under him. His hands were bound behind him at the wrists with a grimy rope. 

He heard his name, Jeongguk's voice. There was a small commotion as they held him back. Another deep voice that he didn't recognize rang through the open space.

"Let him go, or we will shoot!"

Mr. Kim gave a hoarse chuckle. "I'll shoot him first! This little shit deserves to die."

Taehyung cringed away from his father's hurtful words. He had gotten used to the abuses thrown at while the men made him go through torture. 

"We won't hesitate to shoot! Let go of him now!"

Mr. Kim smirked again and fiddled with the trigger. "Get me the money."

The sack from inside the house was thrown at his feet. Mr. Kim's smile grew wider. He pointed the gun at Taehyung's head again.

An anguished cry sounded as Jeongguk broke free from the others who were holding him back. He took a gun from the nearest police officer and pointed it at the man. 

"LET HIM GO!!!" Tears streamed down his face as he kept the gun pointed towards the two. 

"Jeongguk, no! You'll hit him!" 

Mr. Kim chuckled, unaffected. "I'm doing you all a favor, everyone's better off without this useless whore."

Taehyung shifted slowly, sobs finally leaving his mouth at his father's words, as the gun connected with his head again. 

"Say goodbye to your friends, son..."

Taehyung shut his eyes again, waiting for the bang and his life leaving his body. 

The bang was deafening. Taehyung felt weightless, then his shoulder crashed into the ground, and a dull thud sounded from behind him. 

Everything was numb, then everything was much too sharp. 

His leg throbbed, his head pounded, and ice flooded his body. Nausea washed over him in waves, and he slowly unraveled his legs from underneath him, wincing at the pain. 

Then, he was pulled gently into someone. Not a figure, but more of a scent. It crowded around him and he buried his nose into it, seeking refuge from the pain that swarmed through his body. 

The darkness started at the edges of his vision and it crept over his eyes. When he could only see what was in front of him, glazed eyes stared into his. Taehyung felt his mouth curl up for a fraction of a second before he completely lost consciousness. 

--------------------

double update for ya

<3

- cks