forty two.

^^ i had an existential crisis trying to figure out whether 40 was spelled out as forty or fourty and now i have a headache :p (turns out fourty is a misspelling)

A few weeks later...

 Jeongguk's gaze was fixed intensely on a broken tile in the lobby of the tall building he was currently in. He was so deep in thought he didn't even notice a man in front of him, calling his name. 

"Hey, idiot! Where's your head? I'm going to be late!"

Jeongguk widened his eyes at the furious middle-aged man in front of him. His suit's collar was up to his chin making his wide face seem like a soggy dumpling. A vein was bulging where his temple was, his face red from shouting at Jeongguk. 

"Oh, I apologize..." Jeongguk bowed and moved to the side, unblocking the exit of the building.

The few people that had risen their heads to the commotion lowered them again, focusing on their phones again or the magazines they had borrowed from the lobby. 

Then, a soft ding rang through the ground floor, the elevator doors opening at the sound. Jeongguk rose his head a bit too fast, putting a sprain in his neck. But his mind quieted and his lips rose at the sight of Taehyung, carefully making his way out of the small space. 

A woman stood by his side, keeping her watchful gaze on the man next to her, talking softly. Taehyung turned to her and smiled, nodding his head at her words. Jeongguk slowly made his way towards the pair as they continued talking.

The woman smiled then, placing a warm hand on Taehyung's shoulder and nodding assuringly. Jeongguk stood a few paces away, watching the two carefully. 

The woman gave one last smile and walked towards Jeongguk, pushing her cat-like glasses farther up the bridge of her nose. She kept her gaze down on her clipboard and handed Jeongguk half a sheet of paper. 

"Here's the prescription for refilling Taehyung's pain medicine. Make sure he takes them on an empty stomach, I'm sure you know by now." Her voice was cold and commanding. Jeongguk had no idea why she became a therapist, but she seemed to have a soft side for Taehyung.

She nodded and briskly made her way back to the elevator, shooting Taehyung a warm smile as she did so. 

Taehyung turned with bright eyes, cautiously swinging on his crutches. He had his left leg folded up, the plastered bandage hidden underneath his pants. He set his crutches and swang towards his lover eagerly, Jeongguk's arms extending on impulse if the boy were to lose his balance. 

But Taehyung got to him safely enough, making Jeongguk's face light up with a smile. He had gotten so limber on his crutches, moving around with ease after a few days of using them. But Jeongguk's heart still pinched seeing him limping when the injury pained, leaving Jeongguk as heartbroken as he was the day of the incident.

Taehyung's voice brought him out of his thoughts, the velvety sound wrapping him in warmth. 

"Gguk, let's go~" Taehyung swung in front of him towards the exit.