Chapter 6: I'm the Villainess?!

How did the story of 'Love Saintess' go again?

The main character gets transported to the land of holy magic, Lumine. The timing was unfortunate as the king of the country was cursed with a deadman's spell. It resulted in the main character being accused of putting the curse on the king. To clear their name, the main character was determind to solve the mystery behind the curse.

During their investigation, they will encounter the four male leads and the player would be able to choose the route they want to play and depending on their choices, they will get a specific ending.

The main character will have to gain their favor and trust in order to help with the investigation. Slowly, a budding romance happened and the male leads will fall in love with the main character.

In the 3rd act, the villain was revealed to be the Holy Maiden herself, who was blinded by her obsession and love for God so much that she went mad. The male leads will defeat the villains and the main character will be able to return to their world if they wished to, or to spend their life with their newfound love.

Why am I remembering all of this, you ask?

After yesterday's traumatic event, I was rushed back to the orphanage by Sister Jeanne. Luckily it was a fairly shallow wound and it had stopped bleeding completely when we got back. I still earned a visit from Dr. Quinn and he cleaned up the wound nicely. Now I have an ugly bandage around my neck like a mummy. 

Apparently that Duke Wolfram was a duke of Lumine and also the sponsor of the orphanage.

I thought it was suspicious that the man's name was Wolfram, which also happened to belong to one of the love interest in the story of 'Love Saintess'. In his route, he condemned the Holy Maiden to lifetime imprisonment in an isolated tower, letting her rot in the tower for the rest of her life.

The country name, Lumine is also similar. The reason why Lumine is considered the Land of Holy Magic is because it is a country where magic users receive blessings from gods and goddesses and is practiced alongside with their magic. The country worships different gods and goddesses, but they mainly worship the Goddess of Light, Lumine.

My name, Astria also coincides with the name of the Holy Maiden.

I could argue that it's possible that we just share the same name. But, my features coincide as well. Silky, silvery hair and eyes with a pale shade of violet were recognizable features of the villainess Astria. I could also use healing magic which were in her elements as well.

Happening once is considered an accident, twice is a coincidence and thrice is a pattern. I can feel a bomb dropping into my brain and was instantly fried.

If I really had reincarnated into the world of 'Love Saintess' as the villainess, does that mean a bad ending for me is inevitable?!

Let's think this through carefully. Right now, I'm just a child. People say that you can't change the past, but you can change the future. This means I still have time to prevent my death flag.

I can do it. As long as I don't involve myself even further with any of the male leads, I should be able to live a peaceful life here! B-but that Duke Wolfram is coming to visit in 2 days, maybe I should try faking sick? But it's going to trouble everyone. And Dr. Quinn will see through my little act. Should I run away? But I don't have anywhere else to go.

I spent the entire dinner time thinking of ways to avoid him but I eventually gave up and went to bed.

***

2 days passed by quickly. I ran out of time to come up with a plan.

Maybe, I should just hide after everyone greeted him. That's right. I should just keep a low profile. So low he won't even notice me!

The Sisters woke the children up earlier than usual. While they helped the younger children dress up, the older children helped in the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

Everyone seemed quite excited with this guest that was coming since we rarely receive them. Blanche's eyes were shining more than usual.

"Blanche, are you happy that the person is coming?" For the past two days, I've submerged myself in learning the language and was taught a lot by the adults and kids. My grammar has gone up considerably though my vocabulary is lacking.

"Yep! Blanche likes the duke! He always brings tons of pretty presents!" Blanche then showed off her doll that she has been holding onto since morning. "The duke gave me this doll and said I look like her, hehehe!"

The doll did resemble her quite a lot. Curly, ginger hair with shiny button eyes and a cute dress. It must be custom made.

"What about Corwin? What did he gave you?" I turned the question to Corwin who was sitting beside Blanche.

"Watering can." After we solved our misunderstanding, I got to know Corwin a bit more and he was quite a soft-spoken child. Planting was one of his interests.

Maybe......he's not that bad of a person? In 'Love Saintess', even though he passed on a harsh judgement on Astria, it was because she had done quite terrible things. He did not once treated Astria out of hatred or despise.

But still, who knows? I better keep my distance. He might snap and wanted me executed on the spot if I did anything that offended him.

After breakfast, the Sisters say that they will take care of the dishes while the children followed the Father to welcome our guest. Everyone lined up in 2 lines, with the younger children in the front.

My palms started sweating. I really didn't wish to be in their presence. Those eyes seemed to be able to look through anything, I was afraid I would spit out everything about the story without him asking.

Oh well, whatever happens happens. This has always been my go to advice for everything.