Chapter 48: Scarecrow

Author's note:
- Hope you guys like this chapter and PLEASE leave a comment on what you guys think about this story.
- This chapter is sort of based from the video game 'Batman: Arkham Asylum' and the movie 'Batman Begins'.

Scarecrow

Real Name:- Johnathan CraneGoals:- Working with Van Helsing and the Arkham Knight

Real Name:
- Johnathan Crane
Goals:
- Working with Van Helsing and the Arkham Knight.
- Studying and experimenting fear as a weapon.
Character Bio:
- In his early life, Dr. Crane was interested in the study of human fears and phobias ever since he was a child. Nicknamed the "Scarecrow" as a teenager, Crane was bullied for his scrawny appearance. Now working with Van Helsing and the Arkham Knight, Dr. Crane began to work on other projects that is given to him but secretly continued on experimenting fear.

Somewhere inside the Asylum....
Dr. Crane was inside his office accompanied by 5 militia soldiers after he experimented his fear toxin on the militia soldier earlier, who just died due to the trauma from the toxin.

MILITIA SOLDIER 1: Was this really necessary, doc?

DR. CRANE: Van Helsing wanted to set an example for those who failed him. Dispose the body.

Fear suddenly struck in the militia soldiers' spines at what Dr. Crane was capable of and didn't want to fail Van Helsing.

While disposing the militia's dead body, the lights turned off. This alerted the Dr. Crane and the rest of the militia soldiers in the room that they raised their armed weapons, except for Dr. Crane.

MILITIA SOLDIER 2: What the hell was that!?

DR. CRANE: He's here....

MILITIA SOLDIER 3: Who?

DR. CRANE: (*whisper) The Batman....

MILITIA SOLDIER 3: Oh crap! What are we going to do?!

DR. CRANE: What a prowler does when it comes around, shoot to kill. At this point he can't stop us now. But the Batman has a talent for disruption.

MILITIA SOLDIER 3: The things they say about him, can he really fly?

MILITIA SOLDIER 4: I heard he can disappear.

DR. CRANE: I guess we'll just have to find out.

The armed militia soldiers started to search Batman/Johnny around the room while Dr. Crane prepared his fear toxin.