chapter 24: lunchless

i got major wap writing this chapter, js.
—————————————————————

The door flings open. Both Jackson and I's heads spring up. Oh, shit.

My eyes turn to Jackson, who is no longer in his happy state.

"Do you not know how to knock?" Jackson asks, angrily.

I shut my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose as I feel a bit of a fight coming on.

Bryce chuckles softly, "I'm saving time."

"Yeah, but you're also endangering my privacy," Jackson snaps.

"Calm down, dude, I'm only the messenger here," Bryce defends. I look over at him, I'm so confused right now.

"What?" Jackson asks, angry and impatient.

"Your father wanted me to tell you that he wants to have lunch with you today," Bryce says, more serious now.

"Why didn't he just call me?" Jackson questions. Guess he and I literally have the same dad.

Bryce shrugs, "Call him if you don't believe me."

Jackson takes a deep breath as he whips out his phone, "I will."

Bryce makes his way over to my desk. Is he trying to get my ass beat?

"Hey, long time, no see," He smiles.

I smile back, "Hah, yeah."

Bryce kneels in front of my desk and brings his head forward to whisper, "Why don't you and I grab lunch?"

My mouth opens to say something but then I close it. For a split second my eyes go to Jackson, who's on the phone, but his eyes are fixated on us.

Before I can say anything, Bryce speaks out, "As friends of course." He motions over to Jackson, "I get it."

"Ah," I blush a bit, "Yeah, I guess I can go."

"Oh, don't be so enthusiastic," Bryce says sarcastically as he stands up.

I laugh as I lean back in my chair.
Jackson puts his phone down on the desk and sighs, "You're excused, Mr. Miller."

Bryce nods and gives me a smile as he walks out.

I quickly go back to checking emails and whatnot, but as we all know, serenity doesn't last long in my life.
Jackson's footsteps make their way towards me. He stands next to my chair, drilling holes into my head with his eyes.

I sigh and look up, "What's up?"

Jackson doesn't waste time and gets straight to the point, "What did he say to you?"

I take a deep breath, "He asked if I wanted to grab lunch since you'd be busy."

Jackson takes a step closer to me, fully hovering over me, "And you said...?"
"Yes?" I say, but it comes out more like a question.