chapter 23: brotherless

ALRIGHT, before u start. i know there hasn't been a lot of steamy stuff, and i promise the next chapter, which i've already started on, will be STEAMY like SO STEAMY.
—————————

" Are you sure?" Jackson asks, "I don't want to push you

" Are you sure?" Jackson asks, "I don't want to push you."

I close my eyes and feel my body tense up at the thought of talking about my brother. When he died, I closed myself off, I didn't want to talk about him. Hell, I didn't even want to think about him. I hated it when anyone brought up the idea of him. But now, I need to get him out of my system, I need to talk about him, I can't keep dragging him with me.

"Yes," I answer, looking forward.

"I'll give you some time, I don't want you to make a haste decision. You can tell me once we get home, okay?" He's so sweet.

I nod, and Jackson begins to drive. Obviously, I didn't have to think about telling him, I had made my choice.
In about twenty minutes, we got home. Jackson held my hand and walked me inside. We walked to the living room and sat down.

"As I said, you don't have to tell me -" Jackson starts. I cut him off, "I need to."

Jackson nods and keeps his eyes on mine.

"January sixteenth, 2015: It was a Friday after school. The whole week I had tests and quizzes. The week before I had spent studying, so I hadn't seen Nathan a lot. I went down to his room like I had many times. When I walked in he was frantically searching his room. I stood and watched. Finally, after watching him I said, 'What're you looking for?'

He looked up, he seemed angry, and Nathan was hardly ever angry, 'Get out' He yelled. I wasn't scared of Nathan, I had never been.

'Jeez, calm down!' Nathan wasn't in the mood to joke, but I didn't realize that.

Nathan ignored me and continued flipping around papers on his desk. I walked into his room instead of standing in the doorway, and he continued to ignore me. At this point, I figured that something was wrong.

'What's wrong?' I asked, but he kept ignoring me.

Finally, he found some zip-lock bag filled with pills. He sighed a sigh of relief and took three or four pills.
'Nathan, what're these for?' I asked.

'None of your business!' He yelled.

'Nathan!' I yelled back.

Nathan took a deep breath, 'Just something my friends got me.'

'Friends?' I asked, my voice shocked.

'Yes, and you can't tell mom and dad.'

I found myself backing up, 'I have to.'

'No, you don't. I'm going to find a way out,' Nathan says, 'Don't say a word to them, okay?'

I nodded and walked out. I should've told my parents, but I listened to Nathan instead.