chapter 26: walkless

"What?" I exclaim

"What?" I exclaim

"Jackson, calm down," she says as I walk closer to her.

"Calm down? What were you going to do, huh? Just walk out of here and then call me from your apartment?" I ask, My words felt more like jabs.

"No, no. I'm just packing up," she answered, slipping at her words.

"When are you leaving?" I threw another question.

"I was thinking Friday," Scarlet says, a sigh of relief leaving me, as I notice that she's not leaving right now.

I hold my hand and gently caress it, "Why didn't you tell me you were looking for a place to stay?"

"I mean I had been searching since the day I got here, I just found a reasonable one before we went off to Maryland to visit my Mother," She quickly stopped.

Fucking hell.

My eyes widen as my hands grip tighter on her's. "You've known since before we left?" My words came out slow and calm, which made her even more nervous.

"Yes," Scarlet says, quietly.

I take a deep breath, "Why am I just finding out?"

Her shoulders shiver, "I... I was just looking for the right time?"

"Hmm," My voice is low, I let go of her hand, "Let's see, you had time before we left, while we were there, like during the mornings. You had time before we went to work this morning, and still, I found out right now."

"You didn't expect me to stay here forever, right? At some point, I need to leave," She answered.

My heart pounds at the question. Did I think that? Was I becoming accustomed to her living here?

"You can stay here," I said, softening up, "Was it something I said?"

"No, no, Jackson," She defends, "You didn't do anything wrong, this is my choice."

I sigh not wanting to go any further with this topic. It pisses me off that she didn't tell me.

★★★

Just like that, the morning came over me, and just like always I was ready to get to work. Although, I knew I wouldn't be at work for the most part because of the whole planning.

After the normal daily routine, I was dressed for work. I hadn't seen Scarlet, she was probably getting ready. I decided to calm down rather than be an ass, but I know that's hard. As I walked downstairs, I saw Scarlet standing at the door. She wore a grey pencil skirt with a long-sleeved, black shirt.

"Good morning, Jackson!" She smiled.

"Morning," I muttered.

"Jackson," she called, "This isn't fair, you can't just get mad at me."

"You this I'm being unfair?" I asked, giving a sarcastic chuckle, "I think it's unfair that I find out that you're leaving without you telling me."

Well, there goes trying to calm down.

"You know that's not true! I was going to tell you"

"Were you?" I ask

I walk closer to her and lift her chin with my pointer finger, "Were you? Because to me it seemed like you weren't."

She trembles a bit and I take pride in the feeling I bring to her.

"I guess I'll let it go since I have a lot on my plate right now," I say, pulling her face near mine and planting a kiss on her lips.

Taking her hand, I walked her out to my car and began the commute to work.

The work day was going to be pretty short since I was only going to be there just to finish up a bit of work, and then we'd be out to watch over the decorators at my house.

★★★

I finished my work in about an hour, which was tedious. I hated surprises, and much more than that, I hated my father. Put the two together, and you get a shit ton of hate from me. Getting back into my car, I drive home to oversee the decorators.

Time to get this bitch on the road.

---------------------------------------------
I know I said the next few chapters would be spicy, imma say the NEXT few chapters because I've had a bunch of shit come up. I have four classes in the morning and a three hour class at 6 pm. Lemme tell you, shit has been hard.

This one is a fill up chapter, the next chapter is WHERE THE PART TAKES PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bye lemme focus on this class -scarlet <3