chapter 7: emotionless

"Ever heard of BDSM?" Jackson asked

I felt my eyes widen as I stared at him, "What?"

"BDSM. Have you heard of it?" he asked again.

His forward-ness amazed me. How can he talk about something like that to someone he just met? I mean I can walk out of here and tell the media and potentially ruin his image. Obviously I won't, but that is an alternative.

"Yeah..." I say as my cheeks begin to burn.

"Well, I'm dominant. Do you know what that means?" he asks. His voice is back to being expressionless. I miss the less robotic voice of his

"Yeah," I say again.

Jackson stands up and walks to the dresser in my room. He stares at himself in the mirror as he fixes his shirt.

"When I said I like my relationships a certain way, I meant I like to be in charge," he says. His back was turned to me, but I could still look at his face through the mirror.

I took a deep breath, "so you're saying if I want to be with you I have to be your... submissive?"

He turned around and walked around the room, "yes."

"But aren't these relationships built on trust?" I ask, curiously.

Jackson finally looks at me, "you do trust me."

"How do you know that?" I ask. Obviously a part of me does trust him, but how does he know?

"You wouldn't go to some random person's house if you didn't trust them, you wouldn't kiss someone you didn't trust, would you?" Jackson asks. Clearly he knew the answer, but he just wanted to ask to prove a point.

I look at him and my dream flashes back to me. The dominating persona he had is becoming a reality. Am I dreaming again?

"I asked you something, Scarlet," he repeated, sternly.

"Uh- right," I stutter, "I guess... I do trust you."

"I know you can't give me an answer at this moment, but please think about it," he says, "I trusted you enough to tell you about this... secret of mine."

"Of course, I'll think about it," I say. Damn, I guess dreams do come true.

He took a deep breath, "get ready by 7:45 tomorrow, I usually leave to go to work around then"

"Alright," I say with a small smile.

Without another word, Jackson walks out my bedroom.