chapter 27: partyless

The party starts in an hour

The party starts in an hour. The decorations look great, and they're red, which is my favorite color. Which makes me think that this party is for me, but it confuses me that Jackson wants me to know about the decoration.

Pushing away those thoughts, I get ready for the party that could be for me, and if it's not, then whatever, right? Insert nervous chuckle here.

I put on an asymmetrical, red dress and do some makeup, a little more than usual. Red lipstick to match my dress, mascara, and some eyeshadow.

Walking over to Jackson, I can't help but stare. He's in a black tuxedo. His hair was perfectly put together. He looks way too damn fine.

"Ms. Thompson, You look great," Jackson comments.

"I should say the same for you," I compliment.
Jackson gives me a smirk and leans to my ear, "I have a way you'll look even better." I shiver and shake my head.

DING!

"The doorbell saved you," Jackson flashes me another smirk and walks to the door.

Just like that, the crowd rolled in, and let me tell you, this party was NOT for me. You want to know how? One: this party is filled with old people and assholes I don't know or care for. Two: Jackson hasn't given me a single look ever since the first person came in. Three: none of my friends are here, I mean I only have one friend, but still.

I sigh, I am upset that Jackson basically forgot my birthday, but I'm not going to be a bitch.

As I fall into a state of drunken sorrow, I hear a clink-clink-clink. At first I think it's just my ears, but then I realize that it's Jason hitting a spoon to a wine glass. What a rich man move. Wait, that's what he is. Laugh.

Everyone gathers around Jason.Jackson finally comes to my side. He takes hold of my hand, and gives me a smile.

"Good evening everyone, Welcome to my reveal party. I'm sure you're all excited to see who the lucky lady is," Jason says cheerfully,

"And she is..."

Jason walks to the door and opens it, "Isabella!"

Wait, this girl looks familiar.

I feel Jackson's hand tighten on mine, and he mutters "Fucking hell."

Oh, my god! She's his ex! The same one I was him kissing.

Jackson looks angry, so angry. Holy hell. Jason really went for his son's ex. Jackson lets go of my hand and disappears for a bit. I shouldn't get involved, so I let him be.

Guess I should get back to drinking my sorrows away. I'm twenty four now!! Wooo! Spending my birthday alone with so many people. Yay.
Taking a glass of wine, I walk around. Just to see people have fun. Finally, I see a familiar face, Bryce.

"Hey, Bryce," I call out.

"Scarlet, hey," He smiles walking towards me.

"I was looking for you," Bryce says.

"Really?" I ask, "I've been looking for a familiar face, I hate being at parties."

Bryce and I walk around and talk about work and other PLATONIC nothings. Mostly stuff about one of the new contractors the company is working with.

We found ourselves walking to a more secluded side since the party was getting loud, but what we saw there shook me up.

Jackson with his fucking ex. AGAIN.

A tear runs down my cheek as I watch him from a distance. He has her pushed against the wall, and he's a lot closer to her face than he should be. Taking a deep breath, I ran away from the scene and Bryce.

Bryce runs after me, but then stops, which was for the better. As I run by the door, the doorbell rings, so I open it because I'm not a total bitch.

"Scarlet!" Kylie says cheerfully, "Happy-"
I cut her off before she can speak, "It's not a happy birthday, and this party isn't for me, and I'm just so done with everything." My worlds come out slightly slurred as I speak while crying.

"Babes, What happened?" Kylie asks walking in. She gives the gift box to Damon as she comforts me.

"I'll explain later, but for now can you and Damon help me carry my stuff to my car?" I ask trying to regain my composure.

"Of course," Kylie says.

"I didn't really agree to helping," Damon says, making his presence known.

Kylie elbows him and drags his arm behind me. We walk to my room, now ex room, and gather my stuff. The both of them help me take it all to my car. When everything is in my car and we're standing outside, Kylie asks, "Are you going to tell us what's happening?"

"Do you guys mind if I tell you guys tomorrow, right now, I need some time," I say, getting into my car.

"Happy birthday," Damon says.

"Damon!" Kylie elbows his stomach, "Stop."

I sigh as I put the car in ignition.

"Scarlet!" I hear Jackson's voice yell from the door. I watch him run outside, but before he can get to me, I pull out of the driveway.
--------------------------------------
hasty but juicy.
TALKING ABOUT JUICY:

lemme tell u something
I PUBLISHED A NEW STORY!!!!!!!

ITS BDSM (obvi) AND REALLY HOT, DRAMA FILLED, and our fav SMUTTY!!!!

go read it! NOW! ilyilyily!!

it's called Her Favorite Target.

go on my profile and view my works!!!

the cover of that book 😩😫

GO READ!!