chapter 32: endless

LAST CHAPTER :((((

comment please, i love reading and replying.
—————————————

Jackson walks in, but I doubt he noticed me because he didn't say anything

Jackson walks in, but I doubt he noticed me because he didn't say anything. He proceeded to take his suit jacket off and then loosened his tie.

His eyes finally came onto me, "Oh, hey. How come you aren't in your room?"

I take a deep breath and meet his gaze, "I was tired of the same setting."

"All right. Where'd my mom go? I noticed her car wasn't there," He asked, rolling his sleeves up and walking over to me.

"She left. Said she couldn't stay because she had to return her rental car," I answer. My responses are bland and slow.

"Have you been crying?" He asks, taking a seat next to me, his face covered with concern, "Does it hurt? I'll call the doctor right now."

God, he's such a good actor.

He whips out his phone, and I pull it away from him.

"What?"

"Your father was here."

His concern quickly turns to anger.

"Did he say something to you? I swear I'll kill him-"

"Stop."

Jackson looks at me, his eyes filled with anger. I want to punch him so badly. I want to yell at him for using me, but I have a calm facade. I don't know how or why.

"Scarlet, what did he say?" He asks, clearly anxious.

"Why?" I ask, lifting my face a bit, "Have you been hiding something?"

"What? No!" He defends.

"So, why are you so anxious?" I question.

"Because- because I don't want you near my father," he says.

"He's not a bad person," I reply.

He pauses. His eyebrows raise gently and he shakes his head. "You don't know who you're talking about."

"I do, actually, but I don't think I know you," I say.

"What the f*ck are you talking about?" he asks, now he's mad at me.

"Stop playing dumb!" I yell, "You know exactly what I'm talking about! From the night we met, you've caused everything! This stupid accident was all your doing!"

Jackson looks at me as if I've lost my mind. Maybe I have, who knows.

"Is that what he told you?" He scoffs and stands up, "How the f*ck could you believe him? Do you really think I would do something like that?"

Instinctively, I stand up, forgetting my leg, "Ow!" I squeal and immediately fall back. Jackson quickly gets on his knees in front of me.

"Scarlet! Why would you do that?" He holds my leg as I wince in pain, "Move your hand, let me see."

I somehow push him away and get right back up, "Get away from me!"

His eyes show complete pain as he slowly stands up.

"Scarlet... please..."

"Save it."

Somehow the pain in my leg disappears and one in heart arises. A sharp, harsh pain. My eyes blur with tears.

Then, he pulls me in. Our lips on each other's. His hands on my waist. A gently kiss. One I never thought I'd feel. His lips were soft, kind, loving.

His hands gently caressed my waist and he held onto me. His grip was gentle but firm - as if he were holding on for dear life.

I want to pull away, but how can I? This is captivating. The way he holds me hurts so good.

Suddenly everything vanishes and it's just us.

Jackson and I.

Finally, he pulls away, "I love you."
"I love you."
"I love you."

He keeps repeating it.

"Scarlet, I never thought I'd feel this way, but I do. I really love you."

My heart burns. He's so convincing. So perfect.

"Please say something," He says.

I love him... but this isn't real.

It's fake.

It's all fake.

"No, no you don't," I say softly, "It's over Jackson. The game is over. You lost."

"It wasn't a game!"

"Yes it was, Jackson."

"Scarlet, I love you," he began, "I love everything about you. The way you talk, the way smile, the way your hair falls free..."

He continues talking, but I zone out. His mouth keeps moving. His eyes keep their stare on me. Everything hurts. I feel myself breathing heavily. I threw away everything for Jackson. Everything.

What hurts is that I'd do it again.

I love him.

But I can't.

He lied.

He broke my heart.

He used me.

But here I am.

In love.

"Stay with me," He says, "I need you."

"No."

"Please," His hands hold onto me. Tears flood his eyes, "I'm weak without you. Incomplete. I need you."

I can't stay here any longer. It hurts. The way he's holding onto me makes me forget everything, but I can't.

Then, the word comes out my mouth.

The word that made him step back.

The word that shattered the both of us.

The word that ended it all.

"Emerald."
—————-

THAT'S A WRAP EVERYONE!!!!

thank all so much for the support you've given. i couldn't have done it without u!

BOOK 2 IS ALREADY UP, ITS ON MY PROFILE!!!!

THE NEXT CHAPTER CONTAINS INFORMATION ABOUT BOOK 2