chapter 28: roadless

comment! i love reading and replying to comments!! <3

30 minutes earlier...

I stand next to Scarlet holding her hand, as my father stands in front of everyone. He's trying to recreate the overly exaggerated party scene in movies, and, for some reason, it works. He says his welcome and reaches to the door to open it to let in his fiancee. Everyone raises their heads to see who it is, and as soon as she walks through the door, I find myself angered.

"Isabella!" My father says cheerfully.

My hand tightens around Scarlet's as I mutter a curse. That's my Isabella, my ex. He's marrying my ex. I grit my teeth as my heart begins to pump.

I'm angry, oh, so angry.

I let go of Scarlet's hand, and I walk away. Cracking my fingers, I walk to the back of the party. I contemplate going up to my room, but I know the loneliness there would just get to me, so I stay where everyone else is - just a little secluded. A couple of minutes pass, and I see Isabella approaching me. Sighing, I try to leave the scene, but she calls my name, which makes me turn around.

"Jackson," She calls, "Fancy seeing you here."

"This is my house," I mutter.

"Right," She trails off, "You don't seem pretty happy about your father and me."

"I don't?" I ask, sarcastically, "I'm so happy for the two of you."

"Really, you seem jealous," Isabella pushes.

"Jealous?" I ask, getting angrier, "How?"

"Oh, you know, Jackie, you can't stand seeing someone you've had with someone else," She says, putting her arms around my neck.

I grab her by her arms and pin her against the wall, "If you know that, then why are you with my fucking father?"

She smirks a wicked one, "If I can't have Vanderbilt Junior, I'll take Vanderbilt Senior - well, Jason isn't that old, just about twenty years older that you."

"Look, I don't want you, so you can keep trying to get me," I grit out, "My father's going to use you then leave you, that's what happened to my mother."

She laughs, her leg trailing mine, "Jackie, you think that's going to break my heart? I'll be rich by the time he leaves me."

I shake my head and let go of her, "You're not worth my time."

Just then, Bryce runs up to me, "Vanderbilt!"

"What?" I mutter, more angered.

"Scarlet, saw you, so if you're done, go get her," He tells.

"What?!" I yell, running upstairs to her room, but she wasn't there.

All her things are gone. "Scarlet!" I yell. Running downstairs, I call out for her again. Everyone's eyes are on me, but I couldn't be bothered to care about it. I run to the door and through the window, I can see her getting into her car.