CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Carly! We need your help back here with choosing people to hire!" Carly was busy opening boxes and putting decorative licence plates and record players on the wall

"Carly! We need your help back here with choosing people to hire!" Carly was busy opening boxes and putting decorative licence plates and record players on the wall. She had to ask Rowan what would look nice for a skater shop. Rowan went with a sort of rock band kind of vibe and it looked pretty good in theory. But Carly couldn't exactly put things into the right places like she planned. 

"One second!" Carly ringed her hand through her short, pixie cut hair, itching the back of her scalp. She cut it a while back so it was pretty grown out now. Still short enough to be called a pixie cut. Although it looked more like a mullet to her. She still had bangs, which she would never get rid of. 

Carly started to walk to the back of the store. Her co-business owner, Liam, was crouched over his laptop looking through resumes. "We need someone who's going to decide the designs for the skateboards," He said, scrolling through some resumes he had prepared. 

"I thought you said you already picked someone?" Carly asked, squinting her eyes at the computer only to see three resumes ready. 

"I did, she's coming in today actually, I just wanted you to see the other options in case we don't like her. She says she's tried many skate boarding places before and that she's only looking for one thing and if she doesn't find it she'll leave. I personally think we should hire someone else," Liam said, getting up and crossing his rather slim arms. 

Carly sighed and closed the computer. "Nobody else is any better. The other resumes are just people from high school and can only work so much."

Liam huffed out and leaned against the cash register which almost knocked over until he propped it up again. "We could just hire multiple of them."

"True, I guess your right. But we should at least take a look at her and see what she's about. Who knows, maybe we'll have the thing she's looking for. We do have some pretty unique skateboards," Carly said looking around at the store. They had a few skateboards ready for when the store opens but they were plain and boring and only few were just used skateboards from other people who dropped them off when they saw the ad for it. They needed someone with creativity to paint skateboards for them since they both lacked it. 

"Not as old as yours," Liam teased, pointing to the blue and purple fiery skateboard that sat in the corner of the store. "How long, like, 10 years? Just get a new one already."

Carly sighed, for some reason, she just couldn't bring herself to. For some reason, this skateboard meant way more than the others she owned. 

They were both silent until the store door opened and the bell rang.

It was Rowan, coming in with a couple boxes. "I have some ideas for the store that I think you'll like-" Rowan noticed the wall that Carly had just hung the stuff up on and cringed. "Carly, what is this?" She asked, pointing at it. 

"It's my best attempt at doing what you told me to do!" Carly whined. She could never get things her sister told her to do right. It was sorta sad that she really was trying her best and failing miserably. 

"Oh, hi Rowan. How's the engagement going? You sick of each other yet?" Liam asked, flirtingly. 

"Oh shove it, we are happy and you need to get a real girlfriend instead of hitting on me, an almost married woman!" Rowan said, taking all of Carly's hard work off the wall. 

"never!" Liam protested, going over to work on something in the back of the store. 

They were all laughing and bantering when the door to the store opened all of a sudden. The bell went of and Carly looked over to the person coming in. 

Carly immediately dropped everything she was holding, including a box which led to a huge thud and everyone looked at her. Carly ran to the girl who was at the door and embraced her with a hug and kiss on the lips. The girl had long, dark hair. Much longer than Carly started to remember. She had the ring on her middle finger and a name started to appear back on her wrist. She looked on her own shoulder and a name started to appear on her's as well. She pulled her in for another hug and she hugged back, grabbing a fist full of her hair. 

"I found you, Carly..."

"Finally..." 

Authors note <3

HOLY SHIT, I FINISHED BEFORE 2021 AND IT'S THE FIRST STORY I EVER FINISHED AN MY FAVORITE LETS GOO. I REALLY HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED IT BECAUSE I AM HONESTLY SO PROUD THIS FEELS AMAZING WOW. DRINK WATER AND STAY SAFE. HAPPY NEW YEARS!

789 words