CHAPTER NINE

"Can I cook for you?" Carly asked Noelle, over the phone

"When I said I was hungry, I meant for you to be all classy and get chocolates and stuff..." Noelle was complaining about her period to Carly. Carly gets her period just like anybody else, but she doesn't get cramps or cravings. Usually she just get's super depressed and refuses to leave her bed all week. Noelle, on the other hand, has had her period since 3rd grade and it feels like her guts are being ripped out. 

"I can do that too, but I want to cook for you as well," Carly was sitting at the foot of her bed on the ground so that her charger could reach her phone. She was hugging her knees close to her chest with her phone on speaker on the ground. 

Carly wanted to face time Noelle but Noelle always said something like "I look ugly" "I haven't even gotten ready for you yet" "I have no makeup on" Carly just really wanted to see Noelle without all the makeup and fancy stuff. It would make Carly feel just a little closer and not make her feel as bad for not even trying to look good for Noelle, or anyone. Sweatpants and sweaters were the only thing you'd find her wearing these days. 

"Well, my parents aren't going to be home for a while so guess you can. If they come home while you are downstairs tell them you're my friend," Noelle said, readjusting in her bed. The words pinched Carly a little. Carly had to act like they were just friends and nothing else, pretend that Noelle was dating Aidan and that she herself, meant nothing more than a friend to Noelle. It hurt, a lot. 

"Okay then, what should I make? I'm pretty good at cooking since I used to do school at home for a while," Carly might have been lazy, but she was never lazy when it came to food. She believed it was her only talent, and not even good enough to be a talent at that. But non-the-less, she could use it to make Noelle happy so that made her happy as well. 

"Hmm, I want ramen. Like the nice ramen that they serve in japan with vegetables and meat," Carly could tell that Noelle had already knew what she wanted before Carly even asked. It might've been the sole reason she had called in the first place, she did have a way with suggestion. 

"Okay, I can make that. I'll be there in 20, okay?" Carly unplugged her phone and started to slip her sneakers on. 

"Okay, see you then," Noelle hung up the phone and Carly got her car keys and wrapped her hair up quickly. 

She then grabbed her wallet and called out to her sister "I'm going to be at Noelle's out today! I'll text you when I'm heading back!"

"Kay'!" Rowan called out back, from her shower. Carly looked like she basically had just rolled out of bed. Having yet again, sweatpants and a sweater. But as a little touch, she decided pull out her small tube of lip gloss that her sister gave her and applied just a little when she was at a stop light. It wasn't much but it was a pretty big difference for Carly. She was trying, and she was only trying for Noelle. 

"Hey," Carly stood at the entrance of Noelle's room. It was, as expected, very neat. It was like one of those rooms you see on pinterest in 2018. But it looked like just that, it didn't look like anybody even lived in it. Like everything was just their, nothing personalized or mess or photos. Like it was just a room, nothing more, nothing less. Carly couldn't put a finger on it but it unsettled her for some reason.