CHAPTER FOUR

Noelle was laying on the bed, curled up under the sheets

Noelle was laying on the bed, curled up under the sheets. Her eyes were foggy from crying and her eyelashes were soaked. Carly, was in the bathroom trying to comprehend what just happened. She still didn't know exactly what was going on. 

After Noelle asked for help, she fell to the ground on her knees, sobbing into her hands. Carly was crouched next to her, holding her. Noelle fell into her arms and clinged to her like her life depended on it. Carly helped her lay down and Carly told her she would be right back as she went into the bathroom. 

So there they were. Carly still couldn't comprehend the situation fully but most of all she could tell that it was Aidan's fault. Otherwise, Noelle would've gone to him instead. 

Carly grasped the edges of the sink and looked at herself again. The same messy, blonde, bangs and hair were there. The same eyes, nose, mouth and face were seen. But somehow it looked different than before. It looked as if it was an actual reflection of Carly, and not just someone she didn't know or understand. It was a scary feeling that Carly couldn't exactly grasp. But the majority of Carly's life she'd been winging it, so she'd keep doing that with Noelle. Learn as she goes and just keep pushing through. If Noelle was telling the whole-hearted truth then she really did need Carly, Carly had to save her. Not just from Aidan but from life itself.

As Carly entered back into the room, Noelle turned to look at her and then turned back. Carly and Noelle's names were visible on both of their skins. Noelle was in a tank top after taking off her turtle-neck sweater. But Carly was pretty sure she was still wearing jeans.

"Do you want sweatpants or something? I have some you can change into," Carly pointed to her closet and Noelle shook her head. 

"I'm not wearing pants, it's kind of sweaty," Noelle said all so normally. Carly went with it. She hadn't had a sleep over with anyone else in years ever since she was 13 when she lived with her mom. So she didn't know if sleeping in your underwear was normal or suggestive. She decided to go with normal anyway. 

Carly walked over to the light to turn it off and then went to go lay in Breanne's bed instead of her own, to give Noelle personal space. This plan, though, didn't work as 20 minutes later,

"Carly, can you lay with me?" Noelle kept her face buried into her pillows and blankets. She wondered if Carly even heard her. 

Nothing. Noelle felt sort of embarrassed for even asking. She just felt cold, even with the huge blanket wrapped around her. She just wanted to feel warmth and-

Carly was already lying next to Noelle, she was facing Noelle's back and Noelle could feel Carley's breath trickling down her neck. The warmness that she was longing, it was here. And Noelle felt over joyed. 

Noelle turned around on her side so that her and Carly were face to face. Their noses were practically touching. It was dark but Noelle could see Carly blushing. Noelle reached an arm out and tucked Carly's hair behind her ear to reveal the tattoo. Noelle traced it with her fingers outlining every loop and curve. 

Carly held Noelle's wrist in her hand and pulled them closer into each other. Carly gave Noelle a light kiss and slid her arm from Noelle's wrist to her shoulder. Noelle touched her forehead to Carly's and started to cry. Carly could feel her trembling and she couldn't help but want to cry too. 

"Can we stay like this, for the rest of the night... P-please?" Noelle whispered sending chills down Carly's spine. Carly nodded and to her surprise, she wiped Noelle's tears away. 

Carly still wasn't very good at advice, but then, in that moment, she didn't need to. She still be there for Noelle without talking and just being there, laying with her. All she wanted was to see Noelle smile, for real, not the fake ones she put out for everyone else. To be able to breath without suffering.

Authors note <3

Hii, this ones shorter but I personally think the chapters are a little longer than I want them. But I really liked this one. I don't really have much to say but people usually don't read these (including me) but I hope it helps let you know a little more about me as a writer and person haha. 

720 words