CHAPTER EIGHT

"So how was it, you were with her for like, the whole night," Rowan said to Carly

"So how was it, you were with her for like, the whole night," Rowan said to Carly. The clock read 6:35 am. 

"We were watching the stars and stuff and I fell asleep," Carly mumbled, tired as shit and trying to make her way to her bedroom without falling over. 

"Sounds romantic, but it's 6 am, way longer than you said," Rowan was just a little pissed, a lot pissed actually.

"Yeah, sorry," Carly was beyond tired and just didn't exactly care about anything other than her bed at the moment. She was even falling asleep in the car, on the wheel. Noelle almost had a panic attack right in the passenger seat. 

"Sorry's not cutting it this time, you seriously had me worried. You forget that I'm basically liable for you and do in fact worry and think about you all the time," Carly was ignoring her sister and opened her door to her bedroom and belly flopped onto her bed and twisted herself into her own blanket.

"I'm going to sleep," Carly said, dismissing her sister in the process. 

"You're doing extra cleaning later, you better pray this doesn't fuck up your sleep schedule again," Rowan shut the bedroom door and Carly just grunted an inaudible response in return.

"How's living with your sister?" Noelle asked, turning down the music at the same time. 

"I like it more than living with anyone else. She's really accepting of us and wants to meet you. She used to let me smoke weed for anxiety and stuff but it started to get bad when I was literally in debt to many people and getting in fights on the daily." Carly dipped her french fry into her milkshake. 

This was their 4th time just hanging out in general. They were in Carly's actual car (not her sister's) and were listening to Noelle's playlist and eating in and out. They couldn't really go on public dates that much and Noelle and Aidan were in a fight. More like Aidan was mad at Noelle for not going to a party or something so he was ignoring her. She had no problem with it. But this made Carly anxious, because what would happen when they weren't fighting anymore? Would she not be able to see Noelle anymore? Would Noelle try to block her off and away again? Carly tried hard not to think about it but it was on her mind 24/7. 

"I wish I could live with someone like your sister, my parents are classic homo-phobics who are obsessed with Aidan, even if they knew he wasn't my soulmate, they would force me to marry him," Noelle took a sip of her milk shake and leaned her head back against the window. She was sitting sideways in the passenger seat, facing Carly. 

"Just run away and live with me," Carly made jokes a lot, this was in the tune of a joke but Noelle could tell it wasn't.

"I will, someday when we are out of high school and I have money and a job and I can finally escape." Noelle said, letting out a large sigh.

"You'll bring me too, right?"Carly asked, she couldn't see her own future without Noelle. Whether they were together like this was debatable but she saw her in her future somehow. Enemy, lover, friend, roommate, it didn't matter, as long as they were together. 

"yeah, of course," Noelle said, trying to sound sure of herself. She looked at Carly who stayed silent and started to stare Noelle down. She wanted a 100% answer, full trust into the fact that she believed a future together would work. "I promise," Noelle said, trying to reassure Carly. 

"Pinky promise?" Carly asked, dead serious, holding her pinky out. 

"What is this, 5th grade?-" 

Noelle was cut off by Carly "Just do it, okay? I just want you to do it," Carly grabbed Noelle's opposite hand and waited for her to pull her pinky out. 

"Okay okay, I get it," Noelle rolled her eyes and sighed. "I pinky promise that when I leave, it will be with you? Is that good?" Noelle said, Carly nodded and linked their pinky's together. 

They looked at each other intently, they were thinking two completely different things. But as an instinct, they linked their hands together. Folding one into the other. Normally they would smile until they laughed their asses off, but they didn't this time. They just looked into each others vibrant eyes. Not saying a single word. 

Authors note <3

Ay, I kinda like this chapter a lot more than I thought I would. They are starting to get a little more comfortable with each other which was my goal. 

If you guys have any girlxgirl wattpad stories to recommend I'd love to hear them, I'm trying to find more stories to put on my public list. I've only really read ones about girlxguy when I thought I was bi/straight and they're on my list but I want to find different ones. 

Also, any haikyuu NON-MATURE, fanfic recommendations. They give me a lot of serotonin levels. They don't even have to be romance ones I just don't like mature content on characters that I have to watch it makes me uncomfy haha. I like reading them but I'm probably not ever going to write one, I'm not good at that.

772 words