CHAPTER ONE

Carly had never been good at advice

Carly had never been good at advice. Especially to other people. People who were hurting couldn't rely on her even if they tried. Honestly, Carly had never even heard good advice. Always keeping to herself and nobody else. Anyone knowing her secrets was a danger and a hassle. So not having relationships or friends was what Carly thought was best for everyone including herself. That was until...

...Noelle Morrison

After turning 18, you get your soulmates first and last name written anywhere on your body. For Carly, she was half expecting a random boys name whom of which she didn't know or her own name. It was a rumor going around saying that some people are just not fit to be with anyone and get themselves. People were already suspecting who would get them and Carly was brought up. So she believed it.

But seeing a girl's name, in cursive handwriting, on the slump of her shoulder. It was astonishing and a surprise. Carly never thought about girls in that way, or guys if we were really talking. And most of all, she had not much of an idea of who Noelle was. All she knew was that she was dating a semi-popular guy named Aidan. He had no personality other than being aggressive. But most his friends say he's sweet around Noelle. But everyone knows he already got his soulmate and he said it was Noelle, and Noelle said she got him... huh.

It was hard to see in the mirror. Carly had to tie her thick blonde hair behind her head into a low ponytail. The good thing was that it was hidden, when worn with certain clothes and hair. No tube tops, shoulder-less or spaghetti strap shirts. It was small and not very noticeable so if it got accidentally shown for a second, nobody would really be able to see it. This was good. Besides, it wasn't like Noelle even had an intention of leaving Aidan's side. If Aidan got Noelle and Noelle got Aidan then Carly had to have gotten a different Noelle. Not this one. Same last and first name.                              

This didn't have to be a problem, not unless she made it one. Only half of the population believed in soul mates so it wasn't the end of the world. 

"Carly, who'd you get!?" Rowan, Carly's 23 year old sister, was banging on the bathroom door. 

"Uh, nobody, I can't find it," Carly lied. It wasn't a total lie, this was the second time today that Carly looked since when she was looking for it before she just did a quick glance and it couldn't be seen when she stood up straight. 

"Lies!" Rowan yelled back. Carly moved in with her sister when she turned 13 and her sister was just out of high school, already successful in the modeling industry. Their mother had been arrested for the killing of Rowan's soulmate but nobody knows the reason.

"Not lies, it's probably in a weird spot or something," Carly yelled back. She wished her sister would just go away already. This would make the situation just a little easier. 

"Everyone has soulmates for a reason, Carly. You just have to find yours," That was the real lie here. Carly thought. There's no reason for soulmates other than filling empty voids in peoples hearts. The need to spend the rest of your life with someone. The longing of spending every moment with them and staying with them until the day you die. It sounded fake. Faker than celebrities or children's tattoos. And there wasn't a possibility that Carly would fall for any of it. 

As to go without saying, Carly pumped foundation onto her shoulder and dabbed it in until the tattoo was hidden. It would stay like that until the day Carly was ready to accept her fate. And that was that soulmates, in fact, were inescapable and a monster that Carly one day had to face.

Authors note <3

Hi guys, I've been working on this since October and I'm pretty proud of it. The story is a little short compared to other stories I've written or plan on writing.

This story is personally I think a tear jerker so prepare??

Like I said, more emotional with music so yeah, mostly sad music.

676 words