CHAPTER THREE

"I'm so glad you came!! I really needed someone to come here since Aidan won't let me lay a hand on Noelle," The words felt harsher than they actually were

"I'm so glad you came!! I really needed someone to come here since Aidan won't let me lay a hand on Noelle," The words felt harsher than they actually were. "Anyways, you can put your stuff over there with everyone else's. You're staying in a room with me since we are both alone," The cabin they were staying at was pretty large and pricey, expected from people who went to private school. 

But Carly would've never agreed to come if it weren't for Noelle. Noelle's face still left a mark on Carly and she couldn't get her out of her head. So this weekend, Carly made it her goal to get to the bottom of what was going on between Noelle and Aidan. They weren't the PDA type couple so it was hard to tell what kind of relationship they had. If Aidan forced Noelle to lie for him, they could be so in love that they don't want their soulmates to get hurt. But if that was the case then they should be each other's soulmates. A glitch in the system maybe. Or maybe it would come crashing down. For whatever reason, something didn't feel right. 

"I heard that Sadie's parents own the whole lodge, so they rented the whole thing out for the weekend," Carly pretended to care as she normally would and answered with simple nods. "She also mentioned that we get the whole lounge to ourselves tonight, you know what that means?" Breanne turned to Carly who wasn't really paying attention. 

"Haha, yeah," She replied, hoping the response matched with what Breanne was talking about. 

Breanne looked at her with confusion, "You do?" Carly stuttered nervously and was lost for what to say "Anyway, a party, we're having a party tonight at the lounge. There's about 12 of us so it'll be more of a hangout but I think it'll be fun. Plus, you can get to know Noelle."

Carly whipped her head around to Breanne in confusion and shock. Was she physic??

"You know, since I'm friends with both of you, you guys should get to know each other a little more so that we can all be friends!" Breanne ended off with a smile and ran up to the other group with Noelle. 

Carly stood behind Breanne most of the time and stayed on her phone. Every so often she would glance at Noelle and Aidan together. They had no emotion toward each other what so ever. Aidan would talk and laugh his mouth off while Noelle stood by him, like an accessory and say nothing at all. It gave Carly the chills.

Carly planned on staying in the room during the "party", but of course, Breanne dragged her. The sudden obsession with Carly was strange. Breanne was popular, social and unproblematic. She already had friends so why give Carly the time of day when Carly didn't even go up to her? Breanne was known for being nice but this seemed like a step to far. Perhaps she knew something about Carly that Carly didn't know about herself. 

They were all relaxing in respected spots of the room, most of the group sitting in chairs and couches. Some people were off in the distance of the room talking to each other and looking at each others soulmate names. One guy lifted his shirt to show his on the side of his hip. And the girl he was talking to reached out to touch it and they joked about being each other's soulmates. It was pretty obvious where they were going to end up at the end of the night.