13.The backlash

“I promise nothing happened it was nothing. Nothing happened” rushed out I looked over at Enzo he just had a smirk on his face like he was proud of what he did.

“Oh sure like that whole thing in the backseat was nothing” Gino retorted. My face dropped. I thought he was never going to bring that up again.

“Hey, we already talked about this. You not supposed to bring it up again.” I smacked his arm and laughed trying to lighten the mood. After all, we didn’t need to be fighting since we all live together.

“Okay fine I’ll keep your little thing a secret from Leo but sooner or later your going to have to tell him.” I let out a well-over-held breath.

Speak of the devil and he appears.

“Hey, Enzo so you know that little thing about our ‘stuff’ getting taken?” Leo asked as he walked into the living room.

I laughed out “you can say drugs and guns its nothing I haven’t heard before”

All heads snapped towards me I just glared at them and they continued to talk.

“Anyways I found out that it was the Delgado family that did it.”

I leaned over to Gino and whispered in his ear.

“Whats the Delgado family?” I asked.

“You know that guy we killed the first night we met well he was at the head of the Delgado family and I guessing that the next thing Leo is going to say is that they want revenge.”

I zoned back into Leo and Enzo’s conversation and Gino’s assumptions were correct.

“Well, they didn’t like that we killed their head and want your place over our family.”

“THAT’S BULLSHIT THEY WILL NEVER GET THAT,” Enzo yelled making me slightly flinch at his tone.

Gino squeezed my thigh reassuring me that it was okay I just laid my head on his shoulder till the conversation was over. I didn’t really want to be a part of this conversation all I will ever do is bring trouble to this house. I mean one of the first nights here I killed someone. that’s not a good thing.

“Hey someone it’s going to be okay they can’t do much,” Enzo said as I lifted my head from Gino’s shoulder as he and Leo left the room. They said they were going to go get some documents ready for Enzo in his office.

“I know they can’t but it’s my fault if it wasn’t for me being at the cafe you wouldn’t have this problem. It’s just better if I left, you and I both know it’s the truth.” I said as I stood going to my room but he pulled me back so I was now on his lap.

“Don’t even think like that it’s not the truth, we had these problems long before you. And it’s safer if you are here. I don’t care what you say it’s safer and I’m not letting you leave.” He whispered into my ear making me calm a little. Gino he great timing as he walked into the room and sat down on the couch next to us.

“Please you have many other rooms to do your things in just not here this is where I watch tv,” he asked as if we were a plague and we need to keep it away from others. I just slapped him in the arm and we continued the episode we were on.

After one episode Enzo was so confused with what was going on he just left.

“If I were you I would steer clear of him for the next few days. When it comes to things like his stuff being stolen he takes it seriously. He won’t be too friendly for the next few days just warning you.” Gino whispered in my ear I just shook my head not believing it.

It’s not like I need to do that because I won’t be here when they wake up. I will and am only bringing the struggle to this house and it needs to stop. I texted My ex-coworker from the cafe Taylor this morning when I woke up asking if I could stay with her for a little while, she, of course, said yes. Looks like all I have to do is pack.