3. The deal is made

Getting out of bed with a kink in my neck was the worst feeling ever. After I fell asleep I didn’t move from where I fell on the bed. That’s how I always slept after a stressful day. Most people would be restless sleepers but I fell asleep cuddled into my headboard and didn’t move from there all night.

I contemplated going to work but I needed to go and see if it was all cleaned up, I ended up decided it was for the best. After I got out of bed I needed to take a nice long shower and that was just what I did.

Today I dressed in a thin-strapped dress with a plaid print on it. Our boss doesn’t really care what we wear as long as we put out aprons over it. I never really cared either about what I wear it’s not like I have anything to worry about.

Walking into the cafe I saw that everything was in the exact perfect place. I don’t know how they did it but everything is where it is supposed to be. I really want whoever they have to come and clean my apartment. It was kinda scary how perfect it was. It’s like there wasn’t a dead body laying there 12 hours ago.

“Hey, Taylor good morning,” I said as I entered the back room.

“Hey, Erica how was closing last night, I’m sorry I left you to do it.?”

“Oh, it was… no problem I actually went home early.” I hesitated before saying.

I went on with my day bussing table as usual. Although around two o’clock I saw Enzo and his men come sit down in a booth. I was worried about what was about to happen. What would happen if they had another gunfight?

I walked over to them so scared that I felt like I was about to throw up.

“Hey, guys what do you want?” I asked them. Only Gino looked up, the other two kept their eyes trained on their phones.

“Hey, we just came to tell you that you come home early tonight.”

“Ummm why? Do you plan on a shoot up my apartment too?” I laughed out.

“Just go home early alright?” he said sternly, all the boys got up from the booth. I didn’t even have a chance to agree.

Not wanting to pick a fight with the mafia I told my boss I wanted to leave early. She of course said yes because I took over Taylors shift. As I started to walk home I was wondering what they wanted me to go home for.

It was all answered when I walked into my apartment to see all three men sitting on my couch. Enzo was stone-cold looking at his phone while Leo did the same thing. Gino was watching a movie like it was their own place.

“Why the fuck are you guys doing in my apartment?” I shouted at them, while none of them turned their heads.

“Hello?” I said standing in front of the tv.

“Hey hey, there is no need to do that to the movie!” Gino said pausing the movie and nudging the boys next to him. They both looked up to see me and motioned for me to sit down on the couch.

“Alright so anyone cares to explain what is happening?” I said sitting down on the couch.

“Well we need you to help on something,” Enzo said coldly.

“What does that mean?” I asked.

“Well we have someone we need to… get rid of and you’re the perfect person to help because you’re just his type. And you really have no choice but to help us so what do you say?”Enzo said.

“Yeah, this is not what I need today.” that I walked over to my room and got in the shower. I stayed in the shower for about an hour just standing in the water having it drip down my back. Once I got out of the shower I dried my hair and put on some sweatpants and a white tee shirt with no bra, cause who am I trying to impress with a pushup bra.

I walked into my living room and see that the boys were still there. Do they really want me to do this?

“What will it take for you guys to leave?” I said from behind the couch.

“Just agree and we will be on our way,” Gino said as he gave me a weird look not ever having seen me in an outfit like this before, BECAUSE IVE KNOWN HIM FOR TWO DAYS!

“You look good now will you just agree so we can move on,” he said standing up.

“You guys are just relentless. I’ll do it now can you go so I can get some decent sleep tonight? I laughed out the first part.

“Yes finally,” Leo said and getting up and walking out to his car. Gino walked out but not before turning back and saying “just so you know this outfit is hot makes you even better for the job if you were trying to get out of it with it.”

I scoffed. Why would I want to get out of a deal with the mafia? note the sarcasm.

I was too busy watching Gino leave that I didn’t notice Enzo walk behind me and examined my hair.

“It makes you 10x hotter” he whispered as he pampered kisses on my neck before a horn sounded waiting for Enzo to come to get in the car. He didn’t say goodbye he just walked out of the door.

Well, that was hella confusing. What am I going to do now?