18. Lost in the dark

Opening my eyes I still see black.

“what the hell?” I whisper to myself. This causes me to hear a male voice in the corner of whatever room I’m in to say.

“Great she awake”

It’s not five minutes later that I hear a few pairs of feet shuffle into the room. My mask is ripped off my face and I’m looking at three guys. One is a blonde guy that looks like he’s Swedish by his height. The guy to his right was probably a mix of Puerto Rican and middle eastern.

Then there is the guy in the center.

He looks exactly like the guy that tried to attack me in the cafe. The same guy that was shot by the guys.

“Elian?” my voice came out more ragged and dry than I intended but I guess getting kidnapped will do that to you.

“Did you miss me sweetheart?” he asked raising his hands and the guys behind him stood with cold, no emotion on their faces.

“Not really haven’t thought about you one bit. What about me did you miss me I know I’m just a hoot to be around, you know last time we meet you got killed. Mind explaining that to me?”

Grabbing a chair from the corner of the room, he turned it and sat on it backward, leaning over the back looking at me.

“well here’s the thing...that wasn’t really me.”

“That was my brother. We get mistaken for each other all the time but that night it was on purpose. I knew your little boy toys would show up and I didn’t really feel like getting shot that night so I sent my brother. Yes, he got killed but it told me one important thing.”

“And what was that?”

“I told me that those boys are willing to kill for you and that is enough to tell me they care even knowing you for such a short time. Now I can use you. I’m thinking I drag you all over the world some of my least favorite friends see if Enzo is willing to kill them to get you back.”

“Why would you do that?”

“Because of the people that are trying to get in the way of my business I just want a pretty face to join me. Once they are dead you can go back to your lover boy. It’s a win-win situation just saying. What do you say are you in?” he asked standing up.

looking him dead in the eyes I spit at him.

“I’m going to disrespectful decline your offer but it would be greatly appreciated if you returned me.”

Whipping off the spit from his face he looks at both the guys by him nodding as if telling them what to do when he walks out the door. The blonde grabs another chair from the other side of the room and sits in front of me with a smile on his face.

“So what’s he likes?” The blonde asks me.

“what do you mean aren’t you supposed to be killing me or something right now?” I ask completely confused by what was happening at the moment.

“Don’t worry about that I wanna know about Gino I heard he’s really nice but every time we meet it’s at the ball and he’s always hanging around Leo and he really kills his mood. So what’s he like is he nice?” he asks his cheeks blushing a little bit.

“He’s really a nice guy. He’s sweet and caring. Definitely husband material, but that’s not the point. Can you help me get out of here?” I say pulling at my arms that are tapped to the chair.

“We can’t do that till Elian thinks your dead. People think that he has this huge killstreak but if you ask us we do all the dirty work. That’s why my pal Louis and I are left to kill you. But seriously you don’t have to worry about us, Lu why don’t you fill her in.” he says backhanding Louis’s arm getting his nation.