10. The janga game

Right now I’m sitting in my room as I have been for the last two weeks. The first day I locked myself in here I went and found the library again and after the third trip, I decided to bring more than one book back to my room at a time.

After I came to my senses I pulled back from Enzo and freaked out.

“No, we can’t do this. I am nothing other than a liability. I will only bring you pain and trust me I don’t want to inflict more than I already have now please just leave me alone.” I shouted at him and stormed out of the study and haven’t talked to him since.

The boys have come in and checked in on me and tried to get me to eat but it was no use this has happened before and I just want to protect the people around me so things don’t end badly again.

Now you may be wondering why nobody has come and tried to get me back and the short answer is that everyone I love is dead. One night when I was 13 someone broke into my house and ended up killing both my parents when they tried to stop him. I later found that man and to make a long story short, he is dead.

Like I said this has happened before when I had killed that man I went into a reclusive state and didn’t come out for months. My boyfriend tried to get me to come out but I wouldn’t so I ended things with him. I didn’t need anyone else getting hurt because of me.

Like my ex-boyfriend, the boys came in every day and wouldn’t leave till we had a conversation that was long enough for me to at least eat the soup they brought me. Since I haven’t been eating I lost a few pounds now I was down to about 125 lbs.

My whole thought process was interrupted by a knock on my door and Gino poking his head in the door.

“Hey so we are having a little game night and I thought since you have been up here reading for about 2 weeks now you might want to come down. If you wanna we are starting in five minutes.” and he closed the door.

I looked around my room with stacks of books everywhere. Maybe I do need to get out I don’t need the past repeating. But what am I going to do about Enzo? My subconscious screamed at me. I will just ignore him and act like he’s not there, that seems easy enough.

I put on my Calvin cline matching set and some sweatpants with a cream-colored sweater. I have been in clothes like this for way too long but I wasn’t going to change just o go play games with the guys. I walked downstairs and met with a table of games like Jenga, monopoly, and scrabble. This was going to be a long night.

I sat next to Gino while Enzo and Leo sat on the other side of the table both looking at their phones but looking up as I sat down. They look like they haven’t seen me in months. Oh, wait that almost true.

“Calm down Leo don’t act as you missed me too much now what game are we playing first?” I pulled out Jenga not letting them answer and tipping the box upside down reviling a perfect stack.

Leo just shook his head with a laugh. Gino side-hugged me and mumbled a soft “good to see out and about”  in my ear. Enzo stayed quiet and acted as if I wasn’t here. Seems as if we have the same plan.

We continued the game but Gino kept knocking over the tower and I would yell at him, I did the same when Leo did the same but it was almost like it was deliberate to get a rise out of me but I do care. Although when Enzo did it sent me over the edge and I stood up from the table and walked over to the door with Gino being pulled behind me.

“Jezz woman if you wanted to sleep with me this bad you could have just asked” he smirked as I grab the keys. I was surprised to see that there were keys for a Nissan 370z. My specialty. I got in the car with Gino following me and I pulled out of the driveway and driving with no place in mind I just needed to get out.

“Enzo is definitely not going to like this now would you care to explain what is happening or what you have been doing in your room the last few weeks?” he screamed as I drifted around the corner to get into the street that I knew rases were helped nightly. There had to be one tonight and I needed it.

I was correct when I pulled up an as Mike my pal that always set me up for my races. I jumped out and ran over to him and hugging him.

“Whoa hey Erica haven’t seen you in a while are you looking to race tonight?” I nodded. “What are you driving?” “370” I simply answered as Gino walked up next to me.

“Geat seems like your back in the game we have one in two min if you up for it?” I nodded and walked back to my car.

“What the hell are we doing over here I usually only come over here when we have shady deals to deal with!?” Gino yelled as we got in the car and I pulled up to the start line.

“Well when you asked me to do this job I suppose you did a background check?” he nodded.

“Well, then it should have told you that after my parents were murdered.” the alarm went off and I launched from the start line and began the race.

“I started to race soon after that. Now I suggest you shut the hell up right now before I lose my first race in 8 years okay?” I shouted as I turned up my radio and he nodded.

I hurled past the finish line leaving my opponent in the dust.

“So do you wanna explain?” he asked as I walked up to mike ad grabbed my $1,400 and went back to the car. I just nodded as I drove to a DQ and got some ice cream.

I unraveled my whole life story from my first steps to my killing and hibernating after the murders. This was all in the DQ parking lots so let’s just say we sat there for a few minutes.

“This explains so much”

____________
Hey, so lots were reviled in this chapter. Im sorry if I ever skip a day or have a late update but I have anxiety and sometimes it holds me back so please just be patient. Please tell me what you think about this book in the comments.

Comment

Vote

Share

Xoxo, daddy_issues496