14. The withdrawl

First, when I got to Taylor’s she kept asking me questions about where I was and who I was with but after a few days she gave up after answered with nothing. It didn’t take long for Gino to figure out where I was but after LOTS of begging he finally agreed to not tell Enzo where I was. I didn’t need another person trying to bring me back.

Although after a few days Gino came by every day to keep checking up on me, this was part of the deal, he would check on me and I wouldn’t have to come back. When he was over he made sure to make me feel like a horrible person by telling me about how Enzo locked himself in his study for almost a week and has been drinking 24/7, doesn’t eat, and skipped the mission so the guys went all by themselves. That’s not how a leader acts.

Right now I was in the guest room that Taylor made up for me. I was watching tv there wasn’t much of a choice to watch so now I got all of the Vacation movies. Taylor came in with a sorry face on, great this can’t be good.

“Erica we need to talk” she spoke up.

“Listen if this is about me not doing my dishes I’m sorry its just I got used to it over there”

Ever since I was with Gino he has told me not to wash the dishes, that they have people to do that for them. over time it just started happening like it was nothing.

“No, it’s not about that. Look, when Gino was over I know you heard how much pain he was in talking about Enzo and I know you feel me. You aren’t the kind of person to just let him suffer. They need you to help them get back and you need them more than anything. I mean you have been in this room non-stop you need to go back and be happy like you were.” She rambled out fastly as if she really needed to get her point across.

“You don’t understand Taylor they kept me there, I dint stay willingly. Of course, over time I didn’t want to leave but that’s why I’m here. It’s because I wanted to leave. I’m just going to say okay because I know better than to poke your bear.” I laughed out the end.

I remember the one time I tried to get her to come home early from the club and she didn’t talk to me for a whole week. She can be dramatic.

“Good now get packed I don’t want to see you in the morning. Not to be pushy but those boys really need you.” with that she walked out and I started packing. With ‘short’ social media breaks in between packing, I finally got my whole room done and was ready to go back. I was ready physically but mentally I didn’t know if I could I mean I just got out of all this why would I go back?

Walking out to the street with the help of Tylor caring for my bags I ordered a uber and left off to the compound. I got there soon that I would have liked. the uber dropped me at the door. I didn’t bother knocking I just walked into the house headed to the living room. There I found Gino sitting on the couch, he ran to me with open arms.

“Just tell me where he is” I deadpanned wanting to get this over with.

“Where he has been all week.”

I got the hint and walked up the stairs. 90% of the house was clean but the closer you got to the study you could smell the scent of alcohol. He was in deep. I knocked on the door loud enough to earn a loud gruff and stern ‘go away!’.

I ignored it and walked in Enzo was just on his computer with a glass in his hand. The room was a mess with broken glasses everywhere and it looked like he hasn’t moved from that seat in days. His eyes were red and had blue bags the size of his whole face. Once he heard me come in he didn’t even look he just yelled again.

“What do you not understand about go away?” he shouted.

“Well, I don’t really care for leaving dickheads that leave their men to go on missions alone. okay, so why don’t you understand that you can’t just leave them and I’ll go away!” I shouted back at him.

He shot up from his seat and slammed his fist into the dest with a loud pound.

“You the one who left!” tears fighting to come out of his eyes.

I walked over to him slowly, not trying to anger him even more. I got on my tiptoes and grabbed his face even though he tried to pull away when I did so.

“Listen I never meant to do this to you. I felt as if I was being suffocated here and I didn’t want the past repeating. I didn’t want you to do this to yourself, I don’t like to see you like this so why don’t we just set down the glass and go to bed. Does that sound good?” I asked him as I grabbed the glass from his hand and placed it on his desk.

He nodded and ran his hand over his face as if he was rethinking his whole life. I slowly dragged him to my room, I guess it’s better than the office floor. I laid him on my bed and within seconds he was asleep. I didn’t waste any time going downstairs and getting some food. After grabbing some pasta that someone cooked and heating it up I ran over to the living room where the boys were watching Pretty Little Liars. What manly men right?

“Now would anyone care to explain what the hell happened with him?”