Chapter 39. Yearning for a family

Left alone in the garden, the atmosphere became a little awkward. It was the first time meeting each other, since she ran away in the morning, hiding herself in the bathroom.

"Do you wish to meet your parents, Celia? If not, I can go in your stead." Salas said, finally breaking the silence, as he was walking towards her, waiting for her answer.

"There is no need! How can I ask that of you? I will go myself! She said resolutely.

"I am your mate, of course you can. Just say the word and I will immediately dismiss them!" Salas affirmed with a firm and confident voice, arranging a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

"Thank you, truly! I can handle them. Perhaps they only came to check up on me. I will talk to them for a bit!" Celia said, looking up straight into his eyes, blushing a little at hearing the word mate coming out of his mouth. She was touched by his care, but she had to deal with her parents herself.

Seeing the moist sparkling brown eyes looking from below, Salas heart beat spiked up, and he was already checking her pink lips.

By now, Celia could already tell what his dilated pupils meant and, seeing him moving his gaze towards her lips, moved back a step, before quickly walking towards the door.

Her backing away did not affect him in the slightest. Recognizing her embarrassment, he actually found it cute, so he only smiled a bit and did not stop her from leaving.

The sweet and cute beginning of a relationship had its perks, so he did not feel the need to speed things up too much. He quite liked the current atmosphere... for now at least.

***

Celia followed Jenna, who had been waiting at the garden's door to lead her towards the waiting room. She already knew where the room was, from the last time when Jake visited her, but Jenna had insisted that she had to be next to her every time Celia was not resting alone or with Salas, especially now more so when there were guests. It was an order from his highness, one that she could not disobey.

Celia, not wanting to put her in a difficult position, did not insist longer to go alone.

Anyway, it was better than Salas coming with her. He had already realized, from the last time, that her relationship with her parents was far from a loving relationship, but knowing about it and actually seeing it were two different things.

She took a deep breath, before nodding towards Jenna, who already had her hand on the door knob. The latter was only waiting for her to give the permission to open the door.

"Celia!" The sweet voice, as if drowned in honey, called from inside as soon as the door was opened.

She took only two steps in the room, when she was already engulfed in her mother's arms, who already had tears falling from her eyes. It was a look foreign to Celia; her mother had never hugged her, much less cry because of worry towards her.

"Are you alright?" Diane asked, releasing the stiff Celia who had not returned her hug.

"Yes, of course I am alright!" Celia replied, surprised by the question.

"Have your injuries already healed?" Diane continued with her questions, while checking with her own eyes if there were visible wounds on Celia.

"Injuries?" Celia replied with a question. She had been injured several weeks ago, why would her mother ask her now about wounds.

"Ahhh... It's just, we came from the Academy, and a young man told us there that you have been injured. You have no idea how we felt, finding out about your injuries from someone else!" Diane blamed her, a bit more upset than concerned.