Chapter 53. Happily ever after

"Tch, tch, tch! Today is her highness's coronation. It is not nice of you to wail and scream near the garden!" A small witch scolded Brianna, as she approached from the air the ground on her broom.

"You!" Diane was startled by the familiar appearance of the witch, while looking up. Making Brianna also look up, showing her still shaken and angry face.

"Hmm?" The bubbly witch murmured, as if to inquire what Diane's problem was.

"You're the witch that predicted my daughter's future!" Diane realized, she would never forget the witch who told her the future. Her appearance was too unusual to be forgotten.

"Am I?" Clarissa asked, tilting her head. She did not remember the woman's face, but the question cleared for her the doubt of who the woman in front of her was. She had only ever predicted the future for Celia's sister, so the duet from the tragedy play in front of her must be her family.

"She is?" Brianna inquired, looking at her mother. The information surprising her, making her forget for a moment what she had gone through, as her fury was redirected towards the witch.

"You are the reason for everything. You predicted my life would be beautiful and accomplished as a Luna!!!" She once again screamed, as her mother nodded her head, affirming the Clarissa was indeed that witch.

"And?" Clarissa asked, unaffected by the werewolf's anger.

"You are a liar, a fake!!!" Brianna shouted, blaming her for her misfortune.

"I am not. Earlier an alpha came towards you, he was your mate. If he had accepted you, you would have had a beautiful life! How did I lie?" Clarissa spoke like it was the most natural thing in the world. She had indeed predicted the future to Brianna, to try to refrain Celia from having another life, other than her fated one. But in the end all the choices had been left to the women on the ground.

She had not forced their hand to do the things they did in the past. Because even if Brianna had not created these problems, and had waited for her rightful mate, she would have thought of something else to prevent Celia from becoming Rayan's Luna. She would have never obligated Brianna to intervene, if the latter was an innocent werewolf or not.

"Your mother asked me about your fate, and I told her you would have an alpha mate as your partner, but I never specified who that was. I only told her the truth. You were the one who decided her own path." Clarissa said, and sighing she continued, as Brianna and Diane were loss for words.

"Do you know, usually when a witch knows a person's future, if she is close to that person, she would never tell her about it. Because whenever someone knows their future, they are likely to get influenced by it and perhaps even alter it, they could make it better or worse. So a witch would never ever tell the future for their closest ones.

That should be the case for your parents also, even if I gave them your divination. They should have not informed you of it. And anyway, even if I did tell them, it was still your own choice in the end." Clarissa said, and did not wait for their reaction or response, quickly moving the broom in the direction of the ballroom, as a familiar bubblegum smell hit her nose.

Barely collecting themselves from the ground, the mother and daughter did not speak more. What would be the point?

Even if Brianna wanted to argue with Diane of her ill-fated life, what would she gain from it? It seemed that her sister and she had the same life in the end, they were both rejected by their rightful mates.

The sound of three cars which stopped at the entrance of the massive ballroom, made her snap out of her thoughts, realizing that she was still in a location where she was not permitted to mope on her problems. What if someone saw her and laughed at her? She already did not have good connections with the other Lunas.