Chapter 28. A shameless man

Celia walked with slow steps until she reached the door of the dining room. Opening the door, the maid turned towards her and, with a smile, gestured with her hand for her to walk inside.

Without even breathing or looking around the room she entered reluctantly.

She thought the maid would enter with her, but contrary to her expectations, she did not and this only made her more anxious.

"How much longer will you stay by the door?" The voice that made her heart jump out of her chest asked, as she was still not daring to approach the table and sit even after some time had  passed.

Hearing his familiar low male voice, she once again wanted to do what her instincts were screaming, so she turned towards the door to open it and run towards her room. But unfortunately, this time she only managed to put her hand on the door knob, when another hand was on top of her own, stopping her from turning it.

"Where are you going? The table is the opposite way." He said with a gentle voice tickling her ear, as his face was right beside it. Really, he was killing her. He was always touching her, but it seemed that his touching was even more forward than before.

He took his hand away, but still stood near her. He was clearly waiting for her to sit down. So having no other choice and trying to not disrespect him further, she went towards the chair and sat.

Following behind, Salas also went to his seat. He had not yet begun eating as he had waited for her.

As he did when they previously ate together, he selected different types of foods and put them on her plate, before also selecting some for his own.

They ate in silence, and at first she barely tasted the food only nibbling some. It was difficult as she felt like her heart was stuck in her throat, but it was better than not eating, she thought. With food in her mouth she would not have to speak, so she forced herself to eat even though she did not taste a thing.

After the meal she wanted to retire to her room. She was about to speak of this, but he beat her to it and spoke first.

"Let's drink some tea." He said and directly put the cup in front of her.

She thought she could still retire early, she just had to gulp down the tea and quickly go.

"So now then, about the kiss..." He started to say, just as she was about to take the first gulp, but stopped when Celia started coughing, having choked with the tea.

"Drink slowly, it's still hot. Why are you so clumsy?" He sighed as he grabbed a napkin, handing it to her.

She took the napkin and wiped her mouth. Really this man, who exactly was at fault for causing her to choke?

"Are you alright?" Salas asked her worried.

She only nodded not wanting to speak, she was afraid she would stutter, if she uttered even one word. She also did not dare lift her eyes to look up. Last night he had captured her gaze and she was afraid of it happening again.

He verbally sighed a little louder than he generally would.

"You do not even want to look at me anymore?" He gently asked, more like whispered. But of course she heard him. She was mostly recuperated, so her hearing was back to normal.

Like it or not, she had to move her gaze up and look into his eyes. He was as expressionless as always, but she did not know how it was possible that she was still able to detect the small fluctuations of his mood. His ocean blue eyes were sad, and his handsome face looked clouded with worry.