Chapter 7. Double ranked werewolf

Alright, now this was weird she thought. The teacher who only smiled and was in a good mood while he explained the test, now kept frowning seeing her information. Even after a few moments had passed, he did not say a thing, as his face looked more and more taken aback with each elapsed second.

Her heart started pounding in her chest. Was there truly a problem with her?

Did she make a mistake coming here? She avoided for so long getting tested, fearing the abnormal of her situation, and she walked on her own accord in the lion's den in the end. But she could not help it, she truly wished to become a watcher, it was her most fervent goal.

She wished it so much that she did not even second guess her mother's words, so much so that she even dared to get tested, under the probing gazes of others for being the only female.

Leaving aside the fact that there were two wolf consciousness inside her mind, which had already stunned the teacher into silence. After checking Waning, the teacher frowned even more. Had she known that the procedure of the testing involved each wolf at a time, and they would only see the information displayed for the one wolf she wished to get tested, she would've hidden Waning's existence, as she had always known that Waning seemed stronger than Crescent.

She had kept her hidden all these years, and even avoided shifting into her form because she knew that once she transformed, Waning's aura would barely be suppressed.

The clear evidence of this being that, when she shifted for the very first time, she changed into Waning's wolf form during the second time she felt her bones crack and rearrange themselves, causing a huge commotion. Even though during her first change, when she shifted into Crescent's form, nothing in particular happened.

She still remembered how the trackers kept rumbling in the forest howling and growling, as they searched for the intruder that was trying to oppose their alpha. It was not her intention to release the threatening aura, to defy the leadership. The problem was that regrettably this was what her shift was seen as, a challenge for the leader's position.

Being faster than them, fortunately, they did not manage to catch a glimpse of her, before she ran and hid in an inconspicuous place to change back to her human form.

At that time, the three decided that they would only change into Crescent's form because, even though Crescent was also as strong as a regular alpha, with Crescent's and Waning's power combined it was easier to suppress her aura. Each time she shifted, no one could detect her wolf in the forest.

Waning never complained because of this reason, she never protested she had to be suppressed. She assured Celia that if the latter assumed Crescent's form to run in the woods, the shift would bring comfort for her also.

Coming here for the test, Celia reckoned that she was just as strong as a watcher so it would not be strange for her to finally shift into Waning's form as well. Surrounded by so many alpha ranked werewolves, in an Academy where higher ranked werewolves were seen as the norm, Waning's form would be no different than the others', so shifting into her form wouldn't be seen as challenging their power and position.

Her second wish besides being a watcher had been to let Waning run free, without anyone feeling threatened by her power, but now she had a gut feeling this wish would still be impossible to accomplish. 

After the teacher's initial silence that felt like a lifetime, now he kept mumbling to himself "It can't be! One man rank. It can't be!" His quick change in mood as he went from silent, to pale, to amazed had been too weird, to say the least. So she wanted to ask him what the problem was, but being afraid of his reaction, she stayed silent, waiting for him to speak first