Chapter 10. Loving sister

She looked at her sister, like one would gaze at a small ant. After her initial giggle, she had resumed her poker face, even her tears had dried.

Deep within her mind, perhaps she always knew how they truly were, but never wanted to admit it. Her family had never cared for her. Only her brother was the one she would still consider family, the rest of the members from today onwards would become nothing but strangers.

With these thoughts in mind, she started walking once more, not giving them a second glance, and exited the venue. There was nothing else she wanted in this moment other than being as far away as possible from all of them.

She felt suffocated the longer she was to stay in the pack's territory, her feelings of escaping, reflecting on her steps. This was her intention, but hurrying down the hallway, she was stopped in her tracks when she met face to face with her brother.

"Big sister!" Daniel called happily, and immediately went up to her, hugging his big sister. Unaware of the happenings that occurred earlier in the ballroom.

The young man had always felt alienated from Brianna, so was not particularly excited for her Luna ceremony. For this reason he was thinking of only walking inside the venue just when the ceremony was about to begin.

"I am so glad to see you. I missed you!" He exclaimed joyfully.

Although disappointed and angry, Celia was still a logical person, she would never take out her spite on other people, so she said nothing, only gently hugged him back. In the time she was away, he seemed to have grown a little taller, he was steadily becoming an adult.

Wondering how exactly she arrived so quickly to the ballroom just by walking on her feet, Daniel was curious and wanted to ask her how she did it, but as he released her from his embrace, he noticed something was off. His sister felt even more aloof than normal, even more closed off from the world, and he knew it meant she was upset.

"Did something happen at the Academy? What's wrong? Did they bully you for being a girl?" He concernedly asked her. His big sister was the quiet type and most likely wouldn't retaliate if someone was to bully her.

"No, quite opposite. Everyone has treated me better than I would ever expect them to." Celia calmly replied. They had treated her better than her own family, she mentally added.

"Then why are you upset? Come to think of it, you are going in the opposite direction of the ballroom." He noted, looking around in confusion, checking for the problem.

"I saw everyone, and now I am going back to the Academy." She stated simply, not wanting to dive more into the subject. There was no point in doing so. Moreover, by talking she would delay leaving the pack territory, inviting more trouble and anguish. She had enough for today, she had enough for her whole life actually.

"Ehhh, but you said you were on your break. How can you leave when you just got here?" The reason his sister gave him was clearly a dismissive one, it was a reason covering up a bigger problem, and for Celia to become upset it took quite a serious matter to make it happen.

"Celia?" A stern voice interrupted their conversation before she managed to reply, it was a voice that did not held the smallest affection for a child a parent had not seen in more than a month. It was her father, Robert, arriving for the Ceremony. He was accompanying the old alpha of the pack, Richard, and his Luna Abigail.

Seeing them, Celia railed in any emotions she had, she did not know the exact participants of the deceiving act that was happening inside the ballroom, or alternatively named the Luna ceremony of her sister. But even if she knew it made no difference, her only goal was leaving.