Chapter 29. You are the reason

It was already the day before the ball. In this time, she had met his highness several times for the meals, but she did not dare ask him why he lied. Anyway regardless of his reasons, she had already agreed to accompany him, so she would just participate in the ball and then ask his highness to permit her to return to the Academy.

She was behind in her studies. Not to mention she was already healed so there were no more reasons for her to stay. She felt like if she stayed longer she was bound to misunderstand his actions. She already had a mate, there would not be another, but the proximity to the king and his close distance each time she was near confused her.

But how to inform the king and actually return to the Academy was something for later. Now she had a huge hurdle to pass. In her life she had been to balls, her mother had forced her to, but she still had a problem, she had never danced.

Mentioning this fact to the maids when they asked her, had set them with a goal to accomplish. They promised her that even if there was only a day left, she would at least learn to waltz. She had not asked them for the lessons, she even said that there was no need for her to dance. But they did not want to hear her.

And in front of their eagerness and friendliness towards her, it was difficult for her to make them stop.

So now here she was in a room within the royal palace waiting for the dancing instructor.

She was dressed in a wavy peach maxi dress and high heels, with her long hair put up in a ponytail. They told her it would be easier for her to learn how to dance in a dress, so she would not have any problems the following day in her ballroom gown.

She was only waiting for a quarter of an hour, when she heard movements at the door and immediately rose up to greet her teacher.

"Are you ready for the lesson?" The king asked with a hoarse elegant voice.

"Your highness?" Celia stated surprised. Why would the king come and ask if she was ready?

"Yes. I will be teaching you how to dance." He said, reading her mind.

"There is no need to. You are busy, how could I ask of you to teach me?" She tried to refuse.

"I am not busy today. I already have a clear schedule for the ball, might as well fill it with a dance lesson." He calmly answered with a normal tone, but his face seemed bright and happy.

She still wanted to refuse, the proximity of their bodies would suffocate her. Moreover by being so close, she was afraid of her heart exploding. Still, he did not leave her a choice as he gently held her hand and guided her to the center of the room, but not before placing his phone on the chair she was previously sitting on. The phone was opened on youtube with the song already playing.

Reaching the center of the room, he took her right hand and placed it in his left palm, then slowly placed his right hand on her waist. With both hands touching her, she felt electric shocks all around her body, but she could not give any sort of indication when he was staring intently into her eyes.

She was a tall girl if compared to normal standards, but now next to Salas she looked petite.

He explained a bit the movements, then slowly started to move her on the rhythm of the song. In such close proximity to the king, enveloped in his touch and smell, she was already feeling giddy, but with the romantic song in the background, the atmosphere felt even more ambiguous.

She kept looking down trying to not make any mistakes and hurt his feet, but perhaps he felt she was trying to look away for another reason.

"Is something wrong? Am I dancing too fast?" He asked worried.