Chapter 33. Real feelings

Celia's heart trembled at his intervention. He called her his, she was so startled by his words that her face became as red as a strawberry and her feet turned to jelly. He affected her so much that she did not even realize what Salas was currently doing.

Rayan was rapidly losing his breath, the hold on his neck was so powerful that barely any air passed through his throat and into his lungs. He was gasping for air while also trembling, because of the suffocating aura. He was moments away from passing out and even dying.

Fortunately, Celia recovered from the startle and reacted before it was too late.

"Your highness please let him go!" She pleaded, going over to Salas's side. But Salas was too immersed in his rage to see her.

"Your highness please let go!" She pleaded again louder, but he still did not react.

Thinking of what to do, she clenched her jaws and steadied her heart. Looking at his face that did not seem to notice her presence upset her, it made her sad that she was not reflected in those blue eyes that now were black as night. She raised her hand and gently put it on his arm, but she still did not manage to move him and make him look towards her.

"Your highness, please look at me!" Celia said and slowly raised her hand from his arm and cupped his cheek with her palm.

Her warm touch comforted Salas a bit, clearing his mind. It was the first time she had made such an intimate gesture towards him of her own volition. It made him release his hold on Rayan's neck. Who, as soon as he was released, fell on the floor and started to take deep breaths to compensate for the previous lack of air.

"Thank you!" Celia affirmed grateful, she knew that to reign in your wolf when it was agitated was difficult, more so for the king, but he did just that for her.

"Are you happy I did not kill your mate, even though he was trying to hurt you?" Salas asked upset.

He knew that Celia was rejecting her mate, but seeing her help the alpha, did not sit well with him. He was barely holding on to his control, as Sky was raging in his mind. Depending on Celia's answer, Salas was likely to lose control again.

"I do not want you to kill the father of my nephew. I do not want you to leave an innocent child without his father, no matter who that person is." Celia said quickly, she knew that Salas was about to lose control again. And then she continued to talk, not even realizing what exactly she said next.

"And I especially do not want you to be called a murderer, because of me! I would not be able to bear it!" She said with a trembling voice.

Hearing her words, he was still reigning in his wolf, but the last part felt like she was worried about him, so he finally took control properly.

After a brief moment of silence, Salas only asked her the following.

"You were going to reject him?" Salas inquired calm, returning to his aloof self.

"Yes?" She replied not understanding his meaning completely.

"Accept her rejection right now alpha!" Salas ordered using his wolf voice. He was forcing the reluctant Rayan to finish severing the bond.

"... I ... accept!" Rayan confirmed through greeted teeth. He had barely finished healing and thus could not previously intervene, even if he wanted to.

The finished formal rejection left Rayan gasping for air. His heart felt like someone was breaking it with their bare hands and stealing half of it. The pain was so difficult to contain that his body fell on the floor.