Chapter 43. The solution

Their first date was interrupted, shortly after it began. They had not walked around for half an hour, when Jake called Celia. Initially, Salas was a bit bothered by the call, alright jealous of it, but the importance behind the call, washed such feelings away.

So without either of them feeling regretful for the short date, they made their way to the Royal Palace, where they had agreed to meet with Clarissa, the one who made Jake call them.

The witch also had enough of fun playing with Jake in wolf form and released her spell on him, before leaving, having accomplished her goal.

She was anxious to see if the ring would work, Leeloo had told her that the ring was indeed capable of holding and transferring a spirit, but it had only housed a tiger's spirit until now, would it also work for a wolf's soul?

She was about to find out. Escorted by the guards who had been waiting for her by the gates, this time, Clarissa followed the normal route to enter a place. She was coming to the palace, so even if she wanted too, it was more difficult to breach than the dormitory building was.

"Celia!" The bubbly witch happily ran towards her friend, and as she got near her, jumped and tightly hugged her.

If one were to see them, they would no doubt think that Celia was the more mature of the two, but in fact, she was much, much younger than Clarissa was.

Celia warmly hugged the witch, happy to see her. Her lively presence was contagious.

They exchanged only a little bit of pleasantry, before touching the important matter, as it was what mattered the most. Celia had also not asked Clarissa why the witch helped her, as Clarissa told her she would reveal it to her some day on her own accord.

"Well here it is, my solution." Clarissa said happily as she presented the small box in the palm of her hand.

"This?" Asked Celia, looking at the box in which was stored a small silver ring with a ruby red stone embedded in the center of it.

"Yep. This ring belongs to my friend, a pureblood vampire. In it already resides a white tiger, but there should be enough room for another soul, at least for some time." Said Clarissa, hopeful of the solution.

But both Salas and Celia looked towards her not understanding a thing. How would the ring help Crescent?

The small cat at the side sighed, Clarissa was a nerd at whatever she was researching, and she was a genius at everything she did, but she had two major problems.

One, she had no sense of direction. The small cat doubted that she could even find her way back home, if she was not with her.

Two, she never explained to everyone's understanding. Being the genius that she was, she felt like everyone would understand like her no matter what words she used, without too many explanations.

"The ring in Clarissa's hand is a vessel, the small ruby at the center can actually host the souls of spirits who have lost their original bodies.

If one wears the ring, his or her soul can transfer to the ring, and effectively prevent them from dying, and as another person would wear the ring after the first person, her or his soul could possess the new body." Explained the small cat, instead of her ditzy owner.

"The original use of it was in fact to curse a person. At least that was its initial purpose, but in case of spirits, it can also help to store them.

You see, if a person who has three souls wears it, the ring would absorb first the weakest of them, and that would be Crescent soul, because for one, her power is lower of course, and for two, she does not belong to your body so she is the easiest to snatch in a sense." Continued the small cat.