Chapter 25. A light blue rose

It was the middle of winter. The snow was already falling hard from the beginning of December, even when the attack happened it snowed a lot. The trees had lost their leaves and were covered in snow, there was no grass or any kind of plants and flower anywhere outside. Everywhere you looked there was only white snow and frost.

But contrasting to the white frozen nature of the outside world, in the Royal Palace inside of a huge room with a glass ceiling and windows all around, Celia was sitting on the floor looking all around her at the beautiful multicolored flowers.

She had thought Salas would bring her to his office to discuss the information she held about the attack, but instead he had brought her to a beautiful indoor garden.

"Do you like it?" He asked as he approached her, but there was no words with which she could describe the beauty of the place, it seemed it had been made by fairies.

She could not believe she was sitting on the floor, which in fact was not a floor at all. Covered in all kind of different types of flowers, each one more beautiful than the other, and fragrant green grass which invited the feel of summer... it really couldn't be considered an indoor ground, a bed of flowers and grass best described it. There were butterflies all around on the flowers, in the small trees and in the air. Even bird songs could be heard.

She looked his way when she heard Salas's voice. He had disappeared for a bit when they entered, but she had been too charmed by the colors and the enchanting atmosphere, and just by seeing so many flowers in one place in the middle of winter. So she had not noticed he was not with her until now.

"It is beautiful, breathtakingly so!" She said with a calm and serene face, but one could see a small smile adorning the corner of her mouth and her eyes sparkling.

He smiled and crouched to her level, he did not say more and only slowly approached her hand and gently took it in his own. Seeing his actions, she did not visibly react in anyway, as she was confused of what he wanted to do. 

Moreover she could not retract her hand even if she felt uncomfortable, even if his touch sent tingles through her skin. The werewolf kingdom was not a society in which the ruler was elected, the words of the king was the final law. Salas had never been a tyrant about it, he had never issued unfair or restricting laws. Quite contrary, everything he did was in the interest of his people, so all the more reason he should be respected.

Though she would never have expected the aloof  and unapproachable king everyone made out him to be was like this. It seemed he quite liked to touch people, he had touched her a few times now already.

She nervously and a bit unwilling let him hold her hand. But fortunately he only took it and turned her palm up and with the other hand, which he had kept behind his back until this point, covered her whole palm. Then he immediately retracted both of his arms, as Celia felt something small and soft inside her hand. 

Bringing her arm back in front of her, she found he had placed a small dwarf baby bunny. The tiny white furry ball kept wriggling inside her palm until it found a comfortable position before closing his eyes and falling asleep.

"So cute!" She whispered looking at the bunny, she was afraid to scare it awake so she had talked very gently.

"Yes, you are!" Salas said even more quietly than she said, almost inaudible. It was so quiet that the charmed by the bunny Celia had not noticed and so did not react to his words.

"I have never studied about there being a garden inside the Royal Palace before. There was no such information in the books at school." Celia stated, while petting the small furry ball.