Chapter 24. Walking side by side

"Waning? Crescent?" She tried to reach out to her wolves, but she did not hear a single reply from either of them. She had been trying to contact them since she had remained on her own. She stopped when she fell asleep and now in the morning she tried again, but still with no luck. They must have been in a lot of pressure to heal her body and that was why she could not reach them, she thought.

She would try again later to contact them, but now she had to change her clothes and go to the dining room for breakfast. Earlier the maid had said the king asked her if she would like to have breakfast in her room or in the dining room. Of course the dining room would be better, she would feel more comfortable there. She also hoped there would be other people there dining as well.

She glanced at the clothes the maid had brought when she came to inform her regarding breakfast. She had wanted to ask Jake to bring her some from her room at the Academy, but the maid insisted she choose from the ones she brought.

Without another option, she changed into a maxi knitted long dress which had a v neckline and was of nude color. It was the most comfortable of the clothes and it would look not too formal, but not too casual as well. She was not at the Academy where she would usually wear her uniform, and this dress was perfect, as it was not tight around her abdomen where 3 of the gunshot wounds were. What was weird was that they did not bring shoes to her, but a pair of fluffy indoor slippers.

She did not say anything about them, but the maid explained that it was necessary for her to be comfortable. It would not be a problem if she wore them.

Once she was ready, the maid knocked on the door and asked for permission to enter.

"Are you sure you are alright enough to go and eat in the dining room Miss Blair? His highness said to ask you again. Please do not force yourself, we can bring the food to your room." The petite beautiful maid asked with a small smile, she was enchanted by the beautiful tall woman in front of her.

The clothes that his highness had picked himself personally from a catalogue fitted her well. Perhaps they could finally have a Luna, she sincerely hoped. His highness had never had a female stay inside the palace before, much less take care of one personally like he had been doing with miss Blair. Every day she had been unconscious, he would visit and inquire about her wellbeing.

They even caught him touching her forehead or her cheek, and looking at her once or twice when they entered her room. He also repeatedly instructed them to take proper care of her and keep the room warm enough, and even made the doctor come and check up on her several times during each day.

It was no wonder he had been beside her when she finally woke up. For the three days she had been moved from the hospital to the palace, every moment that he did not spend working was spent near her. He had even brought some documents that he needed to read in her room and worked from there when he could.

She and the other maids already knew of the existence of the female alpha since Celia took the admittance test, and had admired her strength. With the opportunity to care for her and see her up close they now admired also her beauty and called her secretly the sleeping beauty and wondered what she would be like awake. They were also curious if only for the fact that his highness showed so much care towards her.

When they came and delivered dinner, after they were notified she had woken up, Celia had completely charmed them. She did not smile much, but she was also not arrogant and she spoke softly to them despite the power she possessed. Her mild personality, even though she had a poker face and the aura of an alpha, was soothing. She had even tried to clean the table herself, but of course they would not let her. She was a guest and also a patient they informed her and said it was their duty.