EXTRA. The werewolf queen's shameless lesson

"Salas, I wanted to speak to you about..." Celia started to say, just as she opened the palace's office door.

In the past, the private office of the werewolf king located in the living quarters of the palace was usually pretty much unused, as the busy man was mostly always on the move between the Council office, the Academy, and his public business life.

Nowadays, with the discovery of his mate, the current werewolf queen and leader of the lycans, in this particular office the royal couple spent most of their days, ensuring that even though they dealt with different matters, they could still spent time together. Everything that did not need their physical presence in particular was resolved from this office. Only if they could not help it, would they visit other places that needed them to attend in person.

They were so much in this office that it was as though they were recuperating the lost time that this office had been left unused in the past, and more importantly... using the werewolf king's own words "making up for the time he had been deprived of his rightful mate". A hundred years to be more exact, likewise were also the king's words.

But right at this very moment, the man, who seemed as though he would die if his queen was not by his side at all times, was nowhere to be seen. Even the smell of lavender and wood that Celia adored, could be felt only faintly in the air.

By the look of it, the werewolf king, or better said her husband, had not been in this office for this entire day already.

This was really odd, Celia thought as she looked from left to right. Salas would never change his location without informing her. Even when she was away with her own pack, he would always call her in the morning telling her of his schedule for the day. Or if he did not say where he would be, then it meant he would follow his usual program, and his usual schedule would involve this office as his place of where he would be working at.

This never changed, it absolutely never happened in the 12 years they had been together... not even once.

So for Celia, who usually knew where Salas was even though she had never paid attention to his schedule, or asked to know it for that matter, this particular situation unknowingly irked a tiny little bit a small corner of her heart.

She felt even more upset, approaching Salas's desk and finding a small note on top of it. The man had not left her information about his whereabouts... no, the note was only a tantrum, for lack of better words.

I have business to do outside of the palace today, I will return when I finish it. As for when that will be... there is no need to inform you of it. You are not interested in knowing it after all.

Peeling off the note from the mahogany surface, she approached it more to her face to read it again. Even though her werewolf vision could distinctly see the smallest particles left on the note by the pen Salas had used, even without needing to bring the piece of paper closer to her eyes, for some reason she really could not believe the words inscribed on it.

He did not mention where he went, he did not inform her he would still let her know of when he would return after finding out how long he needed to be gone for... and most importantly, he had even said there was no need for her to know, because after all she did not care.

If this was not a tantrum, then she really did not know what a better example for a tantrum would be. Even their girls, who were already seven years old, did not act like how Salas was acting at this very moment.

Well, frankly if she were to think about it, this tantrum had somewhat begun about a week ago...

Although he would still work with her in the office, although he would never fall asleep without her being on the same bed, Salas was no longer hugging her as he slept, and even the words they exchanged in the office had begun to dwindle more and more.