Chapter 52. Family bonds

At Fenrir's fortress, some days later

"Are they here yet?" Fenrir asked tapping his fingers. He looked truly annoyed because of the visit of the unwelcomed guests, who would come each month to the fortress to spend the night of the full moon there.

"Not yet. I told you earlier they would come in time for dinner. There's still some time until then." The beautiful blue eyed blond casually informed him, unperturbed by his tapping.

He waited some more, then an hour later, he asked again if they arrived.

"For the tenth time. No, they still have not arrived. For someone who always seems annoyed by their visit, you sure are eager for it each time!" The woman said, teasing him, a bit losing her patience.

"Of course, I am not. I am only eager to get it over with!" Fenrir replied, stopping his tapping, unpleased at the sight of her which seemed to say that she had seen through his real thoughts.

That couple came each month to calm the lycans because of the full moon, so he was only asking if they arrived so they could spend the night then be on their way again.

"Yeah, right. That's why you ordered for the kitchen to make your cousin's favorite food." She smirked, not at all afraid that he was not tapping his fingers. In the past, that tap of his would have scared anyone, but now she found it cute, like a small tantrum on his part.

"When did I? Steak with steamed vegetables are also my preferred meal. Who cares about what Salas likes?" Fenrir said quickly, trying to rebuff her words.

"Really, then why did you get upset when I cooked it for you some days ago? Your favorite meal, indeed." She immediately cornered him, giving him no chance to deny her words.

"Mom, dad!" Called the small three years old girl, standing in the doorway. She was rubbing her blue eyes with her small hand, still half asleep.

"See, you woke up Hope with your loud voice!" Clearly upset at the woman, Fenrir admonished her, immediately going towards the small girl and picked her lovingly in his arms.

The woman only sighed, and did not continue arguing with him. She had spoken quietly, he was the one who had started raising the tone of his voice, while trying to deny her words.

"My lady, their highnesses are here!" A woman came quickly, informing them of the visit.

Fenrir only hmphed, as if he was still annoyed, but was already going towards the hallway with the small girl in his arms.

"Auntie!" Called the small girl at the sight of Celia, already opening her small arms, asking to be carried by her.

Celia smiled at the small girl, and was about to hold up her arms to take her from Fenrir's arms, but Salas was faster than her and he took the girl over.

"Hello, baby girl!" Salas said, with a small smile at the sight of the ebony haired blue eyed girl, who was an exact copy of both him and Fenrir. He immediately wondered if their small baby would also look the same as his niece. The girl was lovely, but it would still be better if the child resembled Celia, he thought.

"Hey. I wanted to hold her!" Celia scolded, and tried again to take her from his arms.

"You cannot. You shouldn't carry heavy things!" He shook his head, not letting her take over the girl.

"My baby girl is not a heavy thing, watch your mouth!" Fenrir immediately voiced upset.

"Keep your anger after you lose the chess game. We are already at 521 to 135, in my favor." Salas said, unconcerned by the man who was pointing at him.