Chap 23

Appa was swimming along a sludgy looking river, Sokka was fishing and Aang was swimming around in the sluggy water. (Y/N) was looking down at the water and said "This water looks a little gross" Toph laughed and said "nooo they look crystal clear" (Y/N) laughed and rolled her eyes "Wow."

Aang Looks down at the sludgy and gross water in distaste and airbends up to Appa's saddle, where he stands dripping in sludge. "Hey guys, I think this river's polluted" He airbent the sludge off which landed on everyone else with cries of disgust from them all "Gross! Aang be careful" (Y/N) complained.

Toph was spitting out the mud which had gotten into her mouth causing (Y/N) to laugh, Toph threw some mud into her mouth causing (Y/N) to gag and try and spit it out. Aang Airbent everyone and the mud flew back into the river. (Y/N) drank some water and spat it out along with the rest of the mud in her mouth "Gross, what the heck Toph" Toph wiped her mouth and said "you deserved that."

Sokka butted into the conversation saying "Well that explains why I can't catch a fish around here, because normally my fishing skills are off the hook" Sokka laughed to himself and everyone just gave him a blank look, he continued to laugh and sighed happily wiping a tear from his eye. Toph rolled her eyes and said "Too bad your skills aren't on the hook." Everyone but Sokka laughs. (Y/N) wiped a tear from her eye, mocking Sokka from before saying "that was priceless."

Katara smiled and said "It looks like we'll need to go somewhere else to get food,assuming that'll fit into Sokka's master schedule." Sokka rubbed his chin as if he was thinking "Hmmm ... It's doable. But that means only two potty breaks today." (Y/N) groaned and said "Great work Katara now we can't go to the bathroom" she slumped down into the saddle and Toph was holding in a laugh.

Aang was looking around and said "Hey!! Why don't we get some food over there!" he pointed towards a small river town, (Y/N) smiled and said "Finally i'm starving" She got excited and Toph grabbed her shoulder "Calm down You're turning into Sokka" (Y/N) gasped dramatically and Sokka looked at both of them with a glare while the two girls laughed to themselves.

They Gaang found a little spot outside from the town and they hide Appa under a Moss pile, Aang said goodbye to the moss covered Appa and the group walked towards the lake. (Y/N) crouched down and dipped her hand into the water "Ahhh kinda cold" Toph looked kinda confused and pulled (Y/N) back up "I don't feel anything. Where is the village?" (Y/N) looked up and said It's in the middle of the river, she held her hand and held up her hand which was holding Tophs towards where the town was.

Toph smiled softly at her and said "Oh makes sense" (Y/N) smiled and looked over towards Katara who was grinning at her, she rolled her eyes at her and walked towards the river with Aang and Toph to which they found a man on a small ferry. The man seemed to have heard over their conversation "Sure is! My name's Dock. Mind if I ask who you are?" Katara who caught up to the group "We're um ... from the Earth Kingdom colonies."

Dock smiled and said "Wow ... Colonials. Hop on, I'll give you a ride in the town." He smiled at them and ushered them onto the boat, he began paddling and (Y/N) began questioning him "Why do you guys live on the river?" Dock sighed and pointed towards a firenation factory "Because we're a fishing town. At least that's how it was before the factory moved in. The Army makes their metal there. Moved in a few years ago and started gunking up our river. Now our little village is struggling to survive." They got to the town which definitely looked like it was in a horrible condition.

They all get out and Aang smiled waving towards Dock, as they walked through the town Katara looked very saddened at the situation "We have to do something to help" She said looking around, (Y/N) sighed and said "We can't do anything about it We have a bigger mission that we need to stay focused on." Katara put her hands on her hips and said "You're all so heartless these people are starving!" (Y/N) walked away towards Toph and Sokka argued back, she helped lead Toph towards the arguing siblings and covered Sokka's mouth "Hey, loud mouths! Maybe we should be a little quieter when we talk about "taking out the Fire Lord."