Chap 39

Hey wow ummmm sorry I haven't updated it's been a while but um writing this finale really makes me upset that this book willed soon so I just lost motivation. But I can't leave you guy's hanging. So part 2 to the Finale and this will be interesting to say the least, but I will leave you guys a little teaser:

This won't be the last Toph x Fem reader book you'll be getting from me. There will be more. As in 1 or 2 >:D

Anyways lets start

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group stood in the Earth Kingdom tavern staring at the lady named June, who apparently was supposed to help them find Aang. She was drowning her tea as Sokka looked to Zuko "Hey, I remember her! She helped you attack us!" to which he sighed regretfully as he walked forward towards the lady "Yup. Back in the good old days."

(Y/N) shrugged and said "Well I have nothing against her, never met her in my life so she's cool with me", the rest of the group walked up to her as she finally noticed Zuko "Oh great. It's Prince Pouty. Where's your creepy grandpa?", Zuko defended his uncle as June looked towards Katara and said "I see you worked things out with your girlfriend." Toph and (Y/N) snickered as (Y/N) said "Okay good one".

June looked towards the two and smiled a little as Zuko and Katara yelled at her that they weren't dating "Okay, okay. Sheesh. I was only teasing those two seem to get it. So anyways what do you want?" Zuko cleared his throat and said "I need your help finding the Avatar." She did not look interested and just twirled her cup around while looking towards him once more "Hm. Doesn't sound too fun."

Of course Zuko got angry so June sighed annoyed and headed outside with them, after a little convincing. The lady walked up to the overgrown mole and began to hug it saying in a babyish voice " Nyla. Who's my little, hmm, Snuffly-Wuffly?" Nyla sticks his toxins-coated tongue out and she dodges it and forces his mouth closed." Whoa! Careful there." With a sigh she looked towards the group saying "Okay. So who's got something with the Avatar's scent on it?"

They all looked towards each other and Katara said "I have Aang's staff.", she passed it off to (Y/N) who walked up and handed it to June saying "I like your shirshu". She hummed in confusion for a second before smiling at her "Thanks". A small hand dragged (Y/N) back and of course it was Toph, who looked to be a little ticked off causing the firebender to snicker. Toph noticed and grumbled "It's not funny" (Y/N) continued, her mouth beginning to hurt from smiling so much "But it is".

Toph was quick to punch her arm but immediately after held her hand with a small squeeze, this making (Y/N) smile more and kiss the small earthbenders cheek. Toph quickly jerked up a little before turning away while huffing, she wasn't mad, she was trying to hide the fact that she had already gotten over it. This making (Y/N) smile a bit more.

Their attention was then pulled back to June. June approaches Nyla and holds the staff out in front of him. He quickly sniffs it before Nyla begins to walk around in circles, trying to sniff the scent out somewhere else. Nyla eventually returns to June and continues sniffing before he whimpers and lies back down covering his nose.

It was silent for a second. But only a second before Zuko called out "Well, what does that mean?" she was petting Nyla and said "Means your friend is gone". Everyone looking confused (Y/N) laughed and said "Yeah we know that, that was kinda obvious", "No I mean he's gone gone, he doesn't exist" everyone looked shocked and (Y/N) looked confused "What?How is that possible. In the worst case scenario he would have died and there would still be a corpse to smell right?". June thought a bit and nodded a little.

Everyone seemed to be thinking about how the heck he just vanished like that, until (YN) said "Well I have no ideas, It's not like he just took off to live in outer space". That's until Zuko got an idea and faced towards the group "Wait. I have another idea.There's only one other person in this world who can help us face the Fire Lord. I'll be right back with a smell sample." and with that he went to Appa before coming back with the sweaty sandal of his uncle. It smelt like it had been rotting in the boiling sun for years "You saved your uncle's sweaty sandal? Ugh!". Toph shrugged, crossing her arms "I think it's kinda sweet".