Chapter 20 - Sword Training

Right foot forward, the other to the side, and lowering his center of gravity. Glynne gripped the wooden sword with both of his hands as he locked eyes with Sakura. He controlled his breath as a trickle of sweat run down to his cheeks.

"Will you not attack?" the miko asked while tilting her head. Despite the boy's vigilance towards her, she seems to be acting carefree. She is only standing straight while her weapon is pointing down to the ground.

Glynne smiled wryly in response. His opponent right now is showing a lot of openings but he can't bring himself to go closer. His instincts have acting up since a while ago. It was warning him not to move carelessly.

"I see, looks like I need to change my opinion of you..." Sakura muttered as her lips curved up a bit. Due to him keeping on charging to hordes of monsters in the past few days, she thought that he was one of those type of people who is reckless and charge in whenever they were presented with a chance. However, when she look at his eyes, she could tell how much of a cautious individual he is. "This will not do. I want to have a proper grasp at your ability so I suggested this spar. We are getting nowhere if you remain there standing."

"Sorry about that..." Glynne apologizes while still keeping his guard up. "You're strong so I had to-"

His was cut midsentence when he sensed a danger and immediately raise his wooden sword up. With a loud sound of wood clashing at each other, Glynne was able to parry Sakura's sword. He knows that he can't win in a contest of strength as such he didn't lock swords with her and instead offset her attack to his side. An opening was created as the miko is still recovering her sword. However, his instincts acted up again to tell him it was a trap as such he didn't pursue the opportunity and only jump back to create a distance between them.

"Not bad," Sakura commented as she turned around to face the boy. "I commend you, you have good reflexes."

"Thanks," Glynne only gave a simple reply and got into his stance once again. As much as he would like to attack, one careless mistake could result in him losing. Although this is only a spar, he still has his pride that won't make him lose so easily. That said, the only thing he could do is to wait and see.

Perhaps sensing that he would not initiate, Sakura once again closed in and unleashes a flurry of attacks. Glynne dodges most of the attacks and parry some that he cannot. However, there are still one or two that managed to pass through his defenses.

As the Glynne and Sakura spar on the garden, the other two was watching on the wooden veranda. They are drinking some green tea as they are having a conversation.

"Is that so? I didn't strike me that Glynne would be someone like that?" Kallen commented and glance over to the boy, who is the topic of their conversation. According to the girl in front of her, he seems to be the kind of guy who would charm girls wherever he go.

"Right?! That's the reason what it infuriates me the most!" Theresa complained while holding her head. "The fact that he unknowingly does so made him very dangerous!"

"Oh, are you perhaps jealous?" Kallen asked, trying to tease the little girl. However, she widened her eyes when she noticed Theresa's unamused eyes. "Oops, looks like I missed the mark."

"Miss Kallen, I will make this clear for you. I don't see my servant that way." Theresa stated while putting down her tea cup. "The reason why I was worried about it is because he was supposed to be betrothed with my niece!"

Pang! A nice sound of a wood clashing together resounded in the background. They turned their head to Glynne's sword flying to the air as he stumbled on the ground. He tried to quickly stand up, only to be stopped by a blade point hovering between his eyes.