Chapter 16 - Sakura Village

"This is definitely weird..." Glynne muttered as he crouch down to observe the person with pale white skin. His gaze never left as he watched it disintegrate into light particles. Breathing out a sigh, he stored his weapon into his storage device and look around the place.

It was like the place was full of fireflies, little lights dance into the air before vanishing to the wind. He closed his eyes, offering a little prayer in hope to finally give them some peace.

Zombies, unlike honkai beast, were are former humans who was exposed to high levels of honkai energy. Their bodies will get corrupted as their minds will bow down to the will of the honkai, thus turning them into an enemy of humanity. There is no cure for them, the only humane thing to do is to kill them to end their suffering.

Glynne finished his prayers as he heard the rustling from the bushes. He turned his head and noticed a small white haired woman scratching her head. "Any luck?"

"No good, I can't get any reception at all. I guess even the powerful satellites of Schicksal can't cover every corner of the world." Theresa said while shrugging her shoulders. She then look up the night sky as a half moon was present tonight. "However, there is a possibility that the Schicksal might not be present at this time though."

A gentle gust of wind blew, carrying over the pink petals of the Sakura tree. Theresa caught one on her hands as she look at it carefully. By the time they left the dorms, it was already in the middle of summer season. That is why it was quite weird to see a tree that blooms on spring is currently in its grandiose appearance. Not to mention, the Virgo, Hydra, and Cancer constellations can be seen above.

Glynne was also aware of the anomaly. The cityscape that he was enjoying a while ago was now gone as he could only see a sea of trees. At least the torii gates seems to be unaffected by the change. That said, it was still too early to draw a conclusion.

Looking around for a bit, he noticed some orange lights over at the distance. No, he already knew there is a civilization nearby due to the presence of the zombies.

"So, what's the plan now?" Glynne asked the person by his side.

Theresa put her hand on her chin as she think for a while before coming to a conclusion. "Should we continue climbing up? That way, we could have a general idea of the area."

"I guess you have a point." Glynne nodded and agreed with the principal's idea. He was about to continue walking up but stopped when Theresa called out his name.

"But before that, you should change into your battlesuit first. It's better to be on the safer side of things." She said and gestured him towards the bushes. Now that he think about it, compared to Theresa who is already wearing a battlesuit at the beginning, Glynne was wearing an ordinary kimono only. Luckily, he was able to bring his battlesuit using his interdimensional storage device. He brought it out and proceed to change behind the trees.

@@@@@@@

His battlesuit's appearance was inspired by ninja like designs. It has a green sleeveless top and puffy black pants along with boots that reach just below his knees. The only piece of armor he has was the leather bracers on one of his arms. Well, it's only there as a decoration though. The battle suit isn't made by just some ordinary fabric. It was made from a thread that has a durability comparable to that of a metal but flexible and light like and ordinary fabric. It's very resistant to any piecing and slicing attacks as such on its own is already considered an armor. Oh, and of course as a last touch, the black wolf mask that Bronya gifted to him a while ago was strapped to the side of his head.

"Oh, I guess it still look good on you despite being a bit plain." Theresa clapped her hands as she praised the boy's appearance.

"Please stop that already, I'm already aware of it." Glynne frowned, he can't tell if she is really complimenting him or not. He readjust his maroon scarf to be cover his mouth for a bit. "Shall we go?"