Chapter 17 - Ceremony

The village was successfully defended but that doesn't mean it was all intact. Glynne sat on one of the thick branches of a tall tree as his eyes scanned over the village. Half destroyed houses scattered everywhere. The wall the supposed to protect it was nothing but rubble. If this was Soukai City, this would be rebuild in just a span of few days. However, the boy doubt it would the case here. The villagers might need a long time for them to rebuild it all. He was worried that they might get attack during that time.

That said, this wasn't on his mind right now. He shifted his gaze towards the village plaza as he saw a pile of zombies being restrained together by golden chains. The villagers was gathering to a few meters away from them. Each of them cries tears of sorrow as they watch their beloved could only communicate with grunts and growls.

It was only on the first stage as such their face was still the same as before. But sooner or later, they will slowly morphed to that of androgynous looks as every one of them will look the same. At that time, it wouldn't be long until they will manifest their own weapons. As much as he hate the idea, they must need to be dispose of as soon as possible.

"What are you thinking about?" the boy was surprised when he heard Theresa near him. Considering his location and the dress she was wearing, it would be quite impossible. However, when he look to the side, she was there sitting on another branch while swaying her legs.

"Princip—" Glynne was about call her by her title but stop when the little woman put a finger over her mouth.

"Shh, you remember what I called you earlier, right?" Theresa asked as the boy nodded his head. Now that he think about it, he still didn't get any proper explanation about that. She signals him to move closer so that they could whisper. "Do you think people here will understand if we tell them we are a teacher and her student? I highly doubt it. That's why instead of explaining it to them, it's better to just act as a lord and her servant. Luckily, our battlesuit fits the role."

Glynne furrowed his brows. He hate to admit it but she was right. "If so then what should I call you? Milady?"

"Of course!" Theresa replied as she smiled, seemingly quite happy being called as such.

Glynne scratches his head, a bit uncomfortable by the change of the way he should address the Principal. He felt a bit awkward so he had no choice but to change the subject. "Anyways, does Milady have anything in our current situation yet?"

"Hmm, I got only a few as for now." Theresa said as put a hand over her chin to think. "From the looks of it, we are sent 500 years to the past."

Glynne nodded as he also came to that conclusion after seeing the legendary Valkyrie alive and still kicking. However, what confuses him was that this place looks like it was from the old Japan. The History books that he have read stated that Kallen's base of operation was supposed to be on the western continents.

"Also, this looks like this is that period after she betrayed Schicksal." Theresa's words made the boy widened his eyes. Seeing his face, she smiled and gave him a proper explanation. "This was a very sensitive information as such it was not put into the history books. You should have noticed it, right? There was a huge gap of time between her latest achievement and her time of death."

The boy only gave a small nod, trying to hide that he didn't really remember much when it comes to history. It was the subject he was weak at after all. Glynne just stayed quiet and let the Principal continue.

"Anyways, this is the time when she became a fugitive. Even I don't know anything that happened during this time. That's why we needed to investigate for now." Theresa stood up and balance herself on the branch. "Hmm, I think going for Kallen is the right choice but I also think that the miko is also a subject of interest. Alright, your assignment is to investigate Miss Sakura."