Chapter 28 - New Mystery

At the outskirts of the village, a black haired young man is being surrounded by a bunch of children. On the young man's feet is a wooden doll with its limps attached to a string. The strings is then attached to his finger as he manipulates the doll through it.

"Wah, it's moving! It's moving!"

"Look, look! It can walk!"

"Ah, it's waving at me!"

With the children's rising excitement, Glynne smiled as he begun doing complex movements with the wooden puppet.

"Oh, it start dancing now!"

It seems to be quite a huge hit among the children as Glynne could see them enjoying watching the doll move.

He let out a relieved sign inside his head as the handiwork he has been doing in the last couple of days was worth it. But well, it seems like it work too well...

"So you could also do this too, huh." For some reason, Theresa is also present among the crowd of children. Strangely enough, the black haired young man is thinking that she somehow fit right in. "Hey, you're thinking of something rude, aren't you?"

Glynne flinched when she glared at him. Just how sharp this so called woman's intuition is. The young man quickly tries to thinks of a way to divert the topic. "Alright, does anyone want to give it a try?"

"Me, Me!"

"Pick me! Pick me!"

The children each raised their hand as some even hop around to try to get to his attention. Seeing Theresa getting overwhelmed as the children is pushing her around, Glynne couldn't help but chuckle.

"Hmm, it's quite hard to pick like this... " the black haired young man murmured while crossing his arms. After a few seconds of thinking, he pointed at the person he will teach.

"Yay!" a little girl celebrate and jump for joy for getting picked. The others protested for a bit but the little girl just ignored it and approached Glynne. "Onii-san, thank you!"

The little girl showed a wide smile as he gently pat her head. The girl was someone that he meant a few days ago. The same little girl that showed her the nice resting spot and the one the he entertained with a simple magic trick. "Now that I think about it, I haven't got your name yet."

"It's Sayuri!" the girl replied with enthusiasm.

"I see. Nice to meet you Sayuri, my name is Glynne." the young man introduced himself as the little girl tries to repeat his name. Since it was a western like name, the girl is a hard time trying to pronounce his name. "If it's hard for you, you can still call me as usual."

"Yes" the little girl nodded her head.

"Well then Sayuri, do you want give this a try?" Glynne brought out a spare string wooden puppet from his kimono and presented it to the little girl. "Just a warning though, this is hard. So don't be shy to ask for help, okay?"

"Yes!" the little girl replied as Glynne set the wooden puppet down to the ground. He then tied the string to the girls fingers.

"Now then, for starters, try lifting it up."

@@@@@@@@

"Ah, it got tangled again!" Sayuri cried seeing the string of the puppet she was controlling getting all tangled up. It is as Glynne has warned her, trying to manipulate it is hard.

"Don't give up, Sayuri!"

"Yeah, I'm sure you could do it!"

The other children tries to cheer her up as some also help her try to untangle the strings.