Chapter 38 - The Selfish Wish

"This is the way to get out of here?" Glynne asked as he stared at the blue swirling vortex in front of him. He can't help but scratched his head, he didn't it would be that easy to find the way out. He was prepared to endure the continuous invasion of the Herrscher to his body while finding it but he would have never expect to find it shortly after Fenrir's warning.

Still, he is glad. With this, he could go back. All he need to do is to step forward to the portal. Right.., that is the only thing he needed to do now and he would be able to go back and meet the girls once again... and yet, there is something that is bothering Glynne that is causing him to hesitate.

"Say Kallen, can I ask you one question before I leave?" the young man said as he turned around and face Kallen. She was taken back a bit by the sudden request, though she still nodded nonetheless. "Can you tell me how exactly will you save Sakura?"

Kallen widened her eyes, not fully expecting his question. She seems to be hesitant to answer him as she divert her eyes while clenching her fist. However, her suspicious movements already gave away the answer he needed.

"Sorry Theresa, I still need to extend my stay here." Glynne proclaimed causing the white haired lady to become flustered of his decision.

"W-what are you talking about?! This is no time for fooling around! Didn't you forget that you are targeted by the Herrscher?!" Theresa reprimanded the young man, fully against his decision.

Glynne smiled but he doesn't seem like he would easily back down. "But at this rate Sakura will be killed."

"What? Stop talking nonsense." Theresa raised her eyebrows as she crossed her arms. "Enough of this! You're going back, this is an order."

"I'm sorry but I cannot comply." Glynne stated as he does not want to budge.

"You..." Theresa grind her teeth as he clenched her fist. She then summoned Oath of Judah by her side as it opened up and manifested multiple golden chains from within. "This is a final warning. Go back now if you don't want me to use force."

Glynne felt a cold sweat run down his spine. Theresa's power is equivalent of that of an S rank Valkyrie. He knows that he won't be able to do anything to her even if he go all out. Still, he still choose to be stubborn and stay here. Theresa clicked her tongue. She doesn't want to do it but she has no other choice.

"Don't blame me for this." As she was about to command Oath of Judah, she immediately stop as Kallen got in between them. Theresa was confused by her sudden intervention.

"He is right..." Kallen said in a low voice as Theresa widened her eyes in surprised.

"W-what is the meaning of this, Kallen." Asked Theresa with a shaky voice.

"Sakura has been in contact with the Herrscher for a long time. Because of it, her body slowly altered to be similar to the Herrscher." Kallen explained.

"... In other words, Sakura is more or less the second body of the Herrscher." Glynne added as Kallen nodded. He hang his head down as shadows cast over his eyes. His hunch is correct.

When Glynne noticed the animal ears on top on Sakura's head, he can't help but be curious about it. After all, a person with animal like features is not normal. However, he don't that much time investigating about it and got thrown into the bottom of his priority list. He would have forgotten about it if not thanks to him meeting the Herrscher's fox form. At first, he tried to deny it as a coincidence but he cannot simply shake off his suspicions of her being connected to the Herrscher. And now, this suspicions of him is correct... or rather it is much worse than it.

"Even if we try to seal the Herrscher, there is a chance that it would simply escape using Sakura's body. If we plan to fully seal it off, we must cut off its escape route first." Kallen explained as she paused for a second before continuing. "... That means Sakura needed to die in order for the plan to work.