Chapter 12 - Arcade

Glynne and Fu Hua were walking around as they exchange some friendly conversation. The boy seems to be particularly happy as he look down at the bag he was carrying. He was quite satisfied with the spoils that he got as it would probably keep him entertained whenever he don't have that much to do. That said, Glynne remembered something as he tried to look around the place.

"Hey Fu Hua," Glynne called out the girl by his side. "Now that I think about it, you never told me the reason why you called me."

"Is it?" Fu Hua look at him and tried to recall their previous conversations today. "Hmm, I guess you're right."

"Then will you tell me?" the boy asked as the girl looks around. Glynne followed her gaze, aside from multiple buildings with colorful advertisement screen on their top, he find nothing unusual. He would usually guess where they going but since he rarely venture in this part of town, he don't have any idea.

"I think we're close." Fu Hua stated and increase her pace. "You will find it out soon."

"No no no," Glynne shakes his head. "Normally, you would tell me by now."

"Impatient aren't you. This is why you young people always spoil the fun." Fu Hua shrugged her shoulders.

"Wait, aren't we the same age?" Glynne retorted but only got a silent response from the girl. She just quicken her pace again.

"Hmm, I think it's around this corner." Fu Hua muttered as took a turn.

"Ah, wait for me!" Glynne was flustered from losing sight of her and tried his best to catch up. However, when he turned around the corner he got overwhelmed by the number of people. He looked from left to right, scanning the area and try to find his friend. He catches a glimpse of her headwear as he called out her name.

However, Fu Hua doesn't seem to hear him as the boy weaved his way between the crowds while continuing to call her. He noticed the numbers becoming thinner but his objective was getting away quicker. As soon as he got out from the group of people, the girl was nowhere to be seen.

"Fuuu"

"AAH!" Glynne yelped, surprised when someone blew near his ear. He quickly covered it with one of his hands as he stepped aside to look at the culprit. He widened his eyes when he discovers that it was Fu Hua.

"That's a cute reaction you got." The girl said as she chuckles. However, Glynne didn't say anything and just stood there.

He was in a state of disbelief, its Fu Hua.., Fu Hua, of all people, was the one that pulled a prank on him. He didn't expect it, or more like, how anyone could expect it. The girl was the most straight-laced person he has ever met. "It's weird, definitely weird..." Glynne muttered as he felt a shiver run down his spine.

Now that he think about it, Fu Hua has been acting a bit out of character as of late. He can't exactly pinpoint what it is but Glynne has a feeling that the atmosphere around her has become a bit lax.

"Anyways, our destination right across the street." Fu Hua stated, snapping the boy out into reality. He followed to where she was pointing and was once again taken back.

"Eh? The Arcade?" Glynne look back and forth between the girl and the building. Fu Hua nodded in confirmation to his guess. "Uhmm, I know this is a bit late to ask, but what are we doing exactly?"

"Training" Fu Hua simply replied, adding more question marks over the boy's head. She giggled at his reaction as she hold his hand. "It's quicker to just show you."

@@@@@@@@@

Glynne hopped on a mini stage and noticed multi colored arrows pointing at different directions being laid down on top. He look up to his side to see Fu Hua operate them by stepping on it as she was busy selecting music and difficulty of the game.