Chapter 33 - Black Box

For the last few days, the Hyperion has been covered in a tense atmosphere. The captain of the airship, Himeko, has just woken up from her nap and look around the bridge as she see multiple people are busy operating their terminals.

"Good morning, Captain!" A loud, squeaky, and somewhat robotic voice greeted her.

"Morning Ai-chan" Himeko greeted back as she look at the hovering hologram besides her. On its display is a girl with a lime hair, styled into a double bun. "Any changes while I'm asleep?"

"None, all readings are still normal." Ai-chan replied as the hologram displays multiple data and graphs. Himeko examined them carefully as she let out a sigh and lean over her chair.

A few days ago, a huge spike of honkai energy got detected inside the city. However, what confuses them is that there were no honkai beasts that appeared and the huge amount of energy quickly dissipated.

Right now, the Hyperion crew is investigating the cause as the Valkyries were stationed all over the city to observe any abnormalities on sight.

"... I would really appreciate it if problems aren't keep on piling up." Himeko muttered in a tired tone.

The huge spike of honkai energy was not the only problem they were dealing with. The sudden disappearance of their commander has a cause a huge commotion. The investigation is ongoing but maybe due to the lack of manpower, there has not been any decent leads.

A lot of rumors begun to circulate. Some say, the Anti-Entropy kidnapped her. Some others that likes to spice things up even say that she eloped to an unknown place with the boy that also disappeared with her. Himeko cannot help but shake her head after hearing these exaggerated rumors. All of them are impossible to begin with. However, as long as the reason for their disappearance was not unraveled, these rumors would surely continue to grow.

Massaging her temples to elevate her headache. She just woke up and she is already thinking about troublesome stuffs. Perhaps, sensing that this was the case or it is just the normal routine at this point, a crewmember approached Himeko with a cup of coffee on hand.

Himeko gave her thanks as she watch over her crew. It is a long day ahead of her, she is not sure of a cup would be enough.

@@@@@@@@@@

'Seems like the weather is great today...' Glynne subconsciously thought as he stare at the skies in daze. As the young man is enjoying the view, a shadow approaches him.

"Are you alright, Glynne?" Kallen asked in a worried tone as she bowed down to look closely at the downed young man.

Glynne got up as he massages his jaw. He flinched for a bit as still feeling the lingering pain from the kick from a while ago. He almost got knockout by bit but he managed to hold on into his consciousness. However, it took him quite a bit to recover.

"Do you ever hold back... even for a little bit?" he complained with a little bit of contempt mixed in.

"Please, forgive me!" Kallen said as she clapped her hands together. "Actually, it has been a while since I move my body like this. Because of it, I got carried away."

"Eh, is that so..." Glynne replied with an apathetic tone. The place then became silent as the young man is just starring at Kallen with half-closed eyes.

It was not long when Kallen started fidgeting, as she is feeling awkward by the atmosphere. "Uhm, don't you also think this is not entirely my fault? I mean, it feels like you're getting distracted, you know. You should be able to dodge something like that easily."

With Kallen's inquiry, Glynne choose not to say anything and just continued to stare at her.

"U-uhm, P-please say something..." With the young man's continued silence, Kallen became a bit teary eyed, as she do not know what to do. Seeing her beginning to get flustered, Glynne took a deep breath and sighed as he look away.