Chapter TwentySix

Surprisingly I found it. Well, I followed a car to find it. Though I don't think they new I was following them... I think. Cindy pulls her suit case off of the trunk as I look up at the beautiful hotel. "Where staying here for a week?" I ask.

"Apparently every element is." Cindy says as I look to see many cars being parked. All that have numbers on it. Okay... I guess we weren't the only special ones. Cameron nudges us to follow him inside and we do so. Only Cindy takes a while dragging her bag. "We're only staying for a week." Damon reminds her. She groans and continues to walk as if she's not caring anything heavy at all. A smile climbs up my face as I look to see a beautiful inner hotel. Outside the palm trees are the size of the building. The aroma of the salty beach, and the sound of the floor hitting against my feet sounds so rich. It seemed to fake for Mrs. Gravel to afford all this. Unless she owns a money making company, I think that she must have stolen the reservations. The smell of fresh and cold air hits me. Luggages being dragged. Food being carried to rooms. People sitting at the lobby. I look around to find Noel eyeing me. I smile but she shrugs looking back at her group. Who seemed to be all fires. And insane.

"Ah. You must be our special guest." A man says. He has brown eyes. With a shiny head. He wears a black suit. When I read the name tag I am surprised. Michael Gravel. It reads. Must be a coincidence that mrs. Gravel has the same last name? "Yeah. Mrs. Gravel sent us." I say still looking at his tag. She's married? Who would marry a freak like her? Unless there's another freak that fits her. So Mr. Gravel is a freak. Sometimes I feel like mrs. Gravel hides things. Stuff she doesn't want us to know. The same suspense lies with Mr. Gravel as well. But who am I to judge. We all have secrets to hide...

I finally look back at his face. Which is now killing me with the smile. If your going to fake a smile, please don't smile. I wanted to tell him. But I would seem to mean. So I just smiled back letting it slide. "Well. We can either show you around. Or show you to your rooms." He says. I realize where still standing at the door and there are many people behind us who are waiting to get to there rooms and start there ordinary lives. "Show us to our rooms." I say quickly before my group disagrees.

"Show us to your leader!" Damon says behind me causing Cindy to giggle. I roll my eyes and continues to walk behind Michael. He opens the door giving Cindy and I space too look at our room. I suck in air as I look around. It's better than what the lobby looked like, which was impossible to describe. And I thought nothing could have been better looking. The room had a beautiful view of the palm trees outside. It's quiet though we all know that the outside is completely insane. " Half of the staff here are Elements. That's why we call it four seasons. For our four elements." Michael says next to me. I suspect he was talking to me so I just nod and add "it's beautiful." Next to me is a green lamp on a marble table. "This is the Nature room. I suspected you guys might have been nature." Mr. Gravel says. I wanted to disagree with him when I remember that I couldn't.

"Cool." Cindy says behind me. I look back to see her laying on one of the white beds. In front of each bed was a green armless couch with a flower like design. There where two beige chairs and a white table that contains red roses. "We shall visit me' ladies." Cameron says before him and Damon leave with Michael.

"Do you feel comfortable with the... Um..."

"Yeah. I don't mind nature." I say before letting out a small laugh, just to remove my nervousness. I inhale deeply before looking back at Cindy. "Is it obvious?" I ask her wondering if I am showing a bit more of a water characteristics rather than Nature. She nods quickly. I turn back to the window holding my breath. She grabs my arms before she speaks again, "the only thing that's throwing you off is the flirting. That's all. We could fix that. Right?" She says. I nod. But than I add: "the last time I was doing this "flirting" thing, I asked the guy what school he goes to when we where in the same class." Throwing in a nervous laugh. But that wasn't the reason why I stopped liking in general. I run my hands against my jeans to cause them from making it's own puddle. She laughs along.

"I'll teach you."

One can not simply teach someone how to flirt. When they are a complete fail at it. If there was a subject at love I guarantee I would get the lowest grade on the scale... Name it and I can possible get lower.

Simple. Love does not work for me. I try. I really do, but after... What happened I want no experience with it.

"You liked someone else." Cindy says as if she could read my thoughts. Sometimes I wonder if she could actually read them. Maybe a nature power... I'm thinking...Number Seven-And how I would tell Cindy the... Story.

I stare at her. Maybe she could read me now? 'Cause it would help... A lot.

She sits down and I sit near her fiddling with my mind. "He was nice. Probably the best friends I have had that time. His name, Eros. Eros Deverly." I start and I could tell she's listening. I start and I won't end. His name sounded so foreign to me. I haven't mentioned him for years. And it hurts. "He um... I don't know how to put this in a better way-died. Gone. Dunzo." That was certainly not a better way. But speaking like this would prevent me from the tears that a threatening to fall, to invade. "In a party. That's why I don't like parties. I still think that his death, was my fault. I-I should have went with him when he asked. His um... Girlfriend, the bitch, invited him. She knew that what happen will happen to him. He begged me to go with him. I refused. I never liked his girlfriend. She never liked me, so it wouldn't make sense, right?" I pause hoping she would stop me. Finally the ocean that was stored in me poured out quickly. "Wrong." I correct myself. As if I am speaking to myself...
"Instead he stayed there longer than I expected. I called him. Left him voicemails. Texted him. I went insane. I felt something was wrong. I was like the person who would keep a tab on him. It annoyed me. But love went to head and I was insane." I take a deep breath as more tears fall out going to the hardest part.

"I got a call from his father. He thought he was with me but I said no. I went to sleep. Rather than worrying I went to sleep. Sleep Cindy!" My voice cracks and I think I'm about to break. As if I haven't broken myself anyway. "At around 12 I got a call and there was loud music in the back ground.then screams. Not screams of happiness but murderous screams. That got me up and I went to the party. Finding an ambulance. I checked inside first looking for Eros. He wasn't there. My heart sunk to my foot. I saw his bitch run up the stairs frightened her face pale as a sheet of paper. She was responsible. I ran into every ambulance to check if he was there. It took me five people to calm me down when I found him attached so many machines. His eyes where closed. His arms-" I stop as I picture the horrible memory. "His arms where like falling off. It was like he was falling apart and only held with strings. I screamed and couldn't go to sleep for months. Even when I tried I would remember that time. I followed the ambulance to the hospital. I called his parents and they rushed to get where I was. My parents came as well half asleep in there pajamas. I'm not going to lie. I was in shorts and a tang top, my pajamas."

I stared at the lamp picturing Eros face. His blonde hair and Emerald green eyes. His jaws set in a perfect formation. His built body out into good use. His smile that would make me want to fall to my knees. Dammit. "I left before they told us if he was going to make it. I couldn't hold the pain. The tears. I vanished. I decided I would pop by tomorrow. Find out how Eros was. But that was the problem. They left. They removed Eros from the system. I asked they said they moved. I asked my parent and they told me that Eros needed a better hospital so they moved to LA. Somewhere around here." I take a deep breath. "I tried to be happy for this trip but I think it gets to the worst. My parents didn't tell me if he was dead or not. But I was positive that he was. So I spent my times forgetting about him. But it was impossible everything I saw reminded me of him. My-my mark. Reminded me of him. Cindy we used to play elements. I swear he was an element. He had a leaf on his shoulder. He would mark mine as a... Um..." I look at Cindy. "Water." I whisper it.

"Then we would play. Until he left my mark was a burden. I changed my entire room. I wanted to change everything that reminded me of him. He-he called me Sky. Or cloud. Or bird. Mostly sky though." Asher's name for me, I wanted to add. "It hurt. To... To love him. It hurt to love. So I've been cold about love. No one opened my heart big enough. And, if they did... I'm afraid if they would leave too." I stop talking. I've out spoken myself.

"I-I'm sorry I should have never asked." Cindy finally speaks. And when I look at her she gives me a sad smile of sympathy.

"It okay. I needed to let it out."

"Come on. We need to get over this sad story. Shopping?" She asks getting up. I don't personally like shopping but I nod anyway hoping I could forget a bout Eros. Just like what I have been doing for years.