Chapter Thirty

"Where the hell were you!" Cameron says sitting at the edge of my bed. I close the door behind me looking around the room wondering where Cindy is. I probably got the wrong room. "Did I uh...miss something?" I ask.

"Missed something? Is that all you can say?" He says. His eyes meet mine. And when I look carefully at him his posture looked different. "Did something good happen?" I say with a slight smile. Right now all I want is some good new... And sleep. I defiantly need sleep.

"Well, let's recap. After I told you who I liked you left me with the girl I like. Alone. Let's not forget that too. Right after her boyfriend. Yes she has a boyfriend got into a fight, so now all I'm left with is a girl who is planning a break up and is going through all her stressed emotions on how he doesn't like her. And all that girl shit that I'm not suppose to take care of. Then Devon sneaks in finding me alone. Let's not forget that word alone. With his girlfriend. Damn the entire thing spoke to me."

"What it say?" I say joking. Listening to his stressful night.

" It said-it sa-Man Skylar do you know how much I hate you?"

I half hearted laugh escaped my mouth. "Well I dealt with a drink match teacher." I say with a half smile. "Wanted me to solve his problem. I uh pushed him and he fell... I got some attention. I don't like that." I say.

"Yeah. Well yours didn't spell out: dangerous cupcake with murder icing on it did it?"

"You were talking to Cindy I've done worse." I say.

"I had to listen to her problems." He points out. "Her problems." Emphasizing on the word problems.

"So where's Cindy?" I ask. Looking around the room again still thinking that she could be hiding in this room. I sit next to Cameron finding myself leaning into his broad shoulders... Awkward. "She going to break up with Damon." He mumbles.

"Oh?" I add. Silence. And he doesn't answer instead he brings his arms around me rubbing his hand on my arm. Which, I find comfortable. He sighs before he says: "Skylar, you do know your like a sister I've never had."

Probably the most random thing I have heard from him. "Are you drunk?" I think I've asked that many times today... Yeah, once.

He chuckles. "No. You can't get drunk around Cindy. Someone had to be sober to watch her."

"Oh." I say. Cindy must be drunk then. The person who I'm sharing a room with is drunk. Why am I scared?

"Anyways. I saw you with um... Asher." He mentions uncomfortably. I finally look at him and he weakly smiles. "So?" I say.

"Is there- I mean I know you don't-"

"No. There nothing." I think. Maybe there could be something between us. Buy I doubt it. I'm not the kind Asher would like. I see who he usually flirts with or is tempted to kiss. It's not me or anyone like me. I guess, now that I'm sitting here hunting about it. I never really had a chance. Even when I think I do... Which is on an occasion, it seems to fly away. So then the only thing I can do is wave at them. Every time I remember the kiss-which is hard to forget- I always seem to put in my head that he only kissed me because he just wanted to help me escape the inspectors. Which now, makes me angry. Maybe I'm to harsh on myself. Maybe I should stay open... But I can't. Last time I did that I killed someone. I don't want anymore blood in my hands. After all, I just washed them.

"Oh okay. Good. Because I don't trust him..." He trails off.

"And why do you care?" I can't help but ask with a grin on my face. I elbow him as he wouldn't speak.

"You are like a sister I never had. Now, we should check up on Cindy. Damon probably strangled her." Cameron says getting up, heading toward the door. "Or he could be looking for me, trying to strangle me."

A weak laugh escapes my lips... Should I trust Asher? Do I trust Asher?