Chapter ThirtyFive

" I swear if she ever makes it out alive I will snap her in half." I heard Cameron say In the background. I guess I was missing for to long. More like over night. I fell asleep and when I woke up Asher was getting ready to leave. Last night wasn't had to forget. It isn't hard to forget. When I finally had the chance to check my phone I have found a dozen of missed calls and texts all from Cindy and Cameron. I didn't read them all. But decided to call back. "Uh... Cameron said hi." She says.

"I'll be there." I quickly say getting up giving the sky a morning glance. I am blinded by the sun and the only that I wished was for yesterday to never end. But I find myself eager to go to my bed.

***

I walk into my room quietly. It's not dark. No one is sleeping. In fact, no ones even here. But I find another note on my bed. Possibly from Cindy or Cameron. I grab it and open it:

Maybe next time.

Next time for what? I look at the bottom then at the back of the paper to find that there is no name. So I toss it in the trash unaware of the message. Maybe it was Cameron. He probably asked me for something that I don't remember. So maybe next time I should give it to him? Or Cindy. It was our hour to have the car. Maybe next time we can have that hour? Or Damon... But what would he want.

Knock

My attention is now towards the door. I quickly get up to open the door finding a bouquet of flowers. Now, my mind hurts. There is no one who would send me this. I don't like bouquets. They seem to tell me that there isn't just one for me. But actually twelve. So I chose you... But here. I grab the flowers looking around.

Closing the door behind me I grab one flower and throw the rest. One is just for me. Because I like one. Not twelve.

But what bothers me is who sent them? I stare at the Plumeria in my hand. I open the window and carefully ripped one petal at a time.

I'm not hurting this flower.

One petal...

I was wondering who would send me them.

Two Petals...

Or who would care for them

Three Petals.

I love flowers.

Four Petals.

But they would make more sense if I loved someone.

Five Petals

Maybe I do. I'm just not looking closely.

I watch as they carefully full on the ground. Or move swiftly with the wind. There beautiful. I look at the other Plumerias before I close my window, thinking about yesterday.