Chapter Eleven

It's been weeks since I've spoken to Asher. I'm glad and I feel like I have accomplished something. I have been spending more time with Cam and Cindy. So that avoiding Asher would be much simpler. Although in class I still am seated next to Asher. But we never spoke. I would always keep myself busy so he wouldn't. I should have done this in the beginning. I would always think.

"Come on where going to be late." Cindy informs. She walks into the room grabbing me by my hand and pulling me out. The halls are filled with people. All different years. Immediately my heart begins to beat as I meet Asher's gaze. I've been ignoring you and your eyes and today I broke my promise. I catch a smirk as I turn around. I'm not going to face him. I'm not talking to him. I'm afraid... I am. Of him and that dream. What if it happens. Than what? What if I have feelings for him. I am now tempted to break them. By avoiding him I can break it. If I ever had it though. I've been checking my self for signs of liking him. Like if when I look at him my mind trails off and I start to focus more about him. Which at the beginning it never happened. But now... Now I just started an entire subject about him and how I should avoid him.

I feel Cindy's fingers intertwine with mine which wakes me. Her freezing fingers drag me outside where a larger crowd stands. Ew. Crowds.

"-it's a survival game. You must pair with a different Element. So you will learn how to deal with them around. You will learn about there element and how they manage to survive because of there element."
Mrs. Gravel stands on top of the roof yelling to us on her microphone. She needs to stop the yelling. "Shit. We can't be together." Cindy says. I look at her to find Damon's arms around her. I'm surprised they didn't break up. I look back to find Cameron looking at me. He shrugs. And I frown as a reply. I find Noel in his arms. Deeply sinked in. Cameron and Noel have been going out for quiet awhile. I guess they were made for each other. I'm the only one I. The group who isn't interested in relationship. And sometimes I feel like the third wheel with all there cuddling. So instead I spend my lunches in the library where I can only cuddle with my books. I'm lonely... Yet I don't care.

I turn back focusing my ears on Mrs. Gravel. "- the objection of this game is to see if you can survive a day into society. Society being the Forrest. The animals are the ordinary." This game already seems stupid. First of all everyone has to look for a partner. And I only know and trust four people out of a thousand. Hose four already have there partners. So then there's just me. I come to think that I don't have much friends. I can't be alone. The girls who I lied to about my mark still seek me. And when they do see me they snarl and I hear them whisper. I know that someday when they get a chance they will rip my flesh into pieces.

"-and you may begin." Mrs. Gravel says letting out a loud noise that signifies us to find a partner and leave. What if I want to be alone. Though I didn't hear the rules or how to play. I just kept thinking. A hand drags me by my shoulder and I turn around to find Asher. No.

"Your my partner." He says. A smirk climbs up his face. I have been avoiding you. Please let me still ignore you. "Why don't you go to someone else." I snarl.

"All my friends are fire except you. I don't want to team with the other years because they have a harder task." He begins to explain.

"I'm not your friend." I tell him. Removing my arm away from his grip. I meet his eyes and the dream comes into my mind. The kiss. Those soft lips. Those hands that I dreamt touching me. Stop. Stop. Stop think. It's a shame I have to fight my own mind so I don't have to do something silly.

"To bad your stuck with me." He says as he writes our names on the ballet. A grin forms on his face, "you can't ignore me now."

"I've not been ignoring you." I've been avoiding you.

"Sure Sky." I'm not going to argue with him about my name. Last time I did that I was close to kissing him. I'm not going to let that happen again. He motions me to follow him as we leave. He holds a device in his hand. I suppose it's our navigation. He moves fast. Even though the sun kills I still follow him. Why don't I just ditch him here? Wait, don't you'll get lost. I'm sure I don't want to get lost in a Forrest. No one does.
"Besides you still owe me my minuets." He tells me.

"Can we forget about that?" I ask him.

"When this day has gone by then yes." He informs me. Smart... He's aware that I'll spend more than 30 minuets with him. An entire day night and day. With a beast I don't trust. My luck. Today I will not sleep. And if I do I call going on a tree or across the world. Far away from him. Then again he's fast so I'm pretty sure he would get caught up. I watch as he scrolls through the device handed to him. "What's that?" I ask. I would want to see what it is but walking any closer to him would frighten me.

"It's our list of to do." He tells me. Then shows me the screen. Make sure your partner understands there Element. Learn about partners element. Find historical area in Forrest. Build shelter. Keep warm. Gather food. Build fire.
Task for: Fire and Nature.

Only one problem: I'm not nature. I don't know poison foods. So I might as well feed him and I poison. I would rather read than do this.

"We need to find the historical event first." He says motioning me to follow him. "I know where it is."
I past by trees. So many. Tall short green. No leaves. Brown. Orange. So many colors. Though it's only fall leaning towards the beginning of winter. Then I am brought into an area that looks like it hasn't been touched for hours. A river in the middle. No grass. And all the trees are gone creating a circle of a bare Forrest. "This is were the fire and the waters fought. I found it when we where meditating. So far, I think we're the only ones who know about this. It's deep into the Forrest." He claims sitting at the base of the river. The current is strong if you stand a foot away your feet would be soaked. I jump across the opposite side letting the hard water push my hand.

"It's also a place where fires would kill the last water." My heart beats faster. I smile though all I wanted to do was scream. "That's cool." No it wasn't.

"They believe that when a water is born the currents of the river will go insane. Though I don't think it'll go Insaner than this. That's why I think the patrols are coming in soon."

"Patrol?" I ask. I feel like falling as my feet fly into the air. I guess the myth could be true. Though the river may go Insaner. "Yeah." He says now looking at me. I bring my eyes back to the water trying to not meet his gaze.

"That's cool." No it's not.

"I guess we could settle here. It'll be easier. Do you know how to tell the difference from poisonous food?" He asks. I shake my head. He gets up and tells me to stay here until he comes back. I nod playing with the water again. This is hard. I'm not nature only water. Yet I have to tell stories and shit about my Element. So now I have to make up stuff about Nature or go logic.

I choose my imagination.